Sunday, December 04, 2005

Busy, Busy, Busy

Not much to report. Last week was insane, Thanksgiving and Chunky's fourth birthday (oh what happened to my baby boy!?!).
This week flew by too. Chunky was promoted to a new classroom at school (they move them up when they turn 4). He loves it. And the teachers in his class were excited that he picked their classroom to go to. So I was happy the transition worked out smoothly.
I finished a pair of hand warmers for T last weekend. Made the cuffs out of Tutu yarn (it was on sale at Michaels) and some of the blue yarn I dyed after Thanksgiving. Apparently she gets quite cold in her apartment-----in Atlanta!
Other than that I've been working on La V de G. We'll see if she turns out. I'm not sure what I'll do with her when she's done, but I've felt this unexplicable urge to knit her. It just seemed like the thing to knit out of the $1.88 acrylic yarn I picked up from Walmart months ago.
However it came to me what to knit the mad scientist for xmas/anniversary this year. Hee hee. I went online and found some Paton's Classic Merino Wool (my new favorite yarn!) in Old Gold and Bottle Green. Online they looked pretty close to CSU's school colors. However, meh, they came yesterday and don't look too close to CSU's colors. However, I'm going to go forward with it and knit him a scarf anyway. I went on to ebay and ordered a vintage CSU ram patch that I think I'm going to sew on the finished product. It will be cute.
I just gotta find the time!!! I've got Christmas baking to do today, and last night I spent making these paper photo albums for a lady at work. She bought one at a craft fair last year and I scoffed that she spent money on it. They're super simple and super cheap to make. Stupid me! Because I'm so nice I couldn't say no when she asked me to make her some this weekend! So I spent last night trying to do laundry and make four of those puppies!!!
I'll try to post pictures of the scarf or La V de G later....if time is on my side!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home