Saturday, January 21, 2006

As promised here are a couple of pictures of my progress on the raincoat:

raincoat sleeve 1

I'm just doing a simple garter stitch because I wasn't sure how easy it would be to knit up plastic bags. I almost went with stockinette, but can you imagine what the curl would be like? Yikes. No thanks.

And here's a close-up of the stitches:

detail raincoat sleeve

As you can see I've got some brown bags in there. Honestly the white you see here is probably what the whole thing is going to get. At first I wanted a nice whole theme--white sleeves, blue body, and white hood. Yeah not going to happen. I thought I had a lot more white bags than I actually did, and Wally's stopped bagging in blue. So I've determined the color(s) is what it is! It's a "raincoat" that will be made of plastic bags for the love of god!

It will be interesting to see how this whole shebang turns out...I've never knit a large article of clothing before, and I've never knit with anything besides yarn.

2 Comments:

Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

You're crazy.

You don't have a Kinney Drugs around you, do you? Orange. They bag in bright, construction orange.

And I think this is the first Knitted Object that when modeled at completion, demands to be done when it's raining out. We gotta see it in action.

10:04 AM  
Blogger roxy ^-o-^ said...

That's fantastic. I have some yellow and sea blue bags if you need em LOL


*hugs*

9:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home