Friday, January 20, 2006

C-c-c-check It Out!

No more cookie cutter for me baby!!! Thanks to No No Kitty's delightful thread on how to improve your blog on the ever-so-wonderful Knittyboard.com I have revamped my blog. I am highly impressed with myself. Just like learning new knitting techniques, I'm slowing "getting" this blog and code thing. And just like my knitting, it's getting better (slowly but surely!)

I haven't been doing much knitting lately. I've been in between projects. I've got everything ready for the Yarn Harlot's Knitting Olympics (although crap--I just remembered I need to go out and buy some six 6 needles!). I'm doing a lace scarf (might give it to mom if it turns out well) in a pattern from the Windy Valley Musk Ox Farm. It's a simple lace pattern, so hopefully a good segue into the world of knitting lace.

In the interim I have started my raincoat. It's a pattern I'm kind of designing on the needles of a raincoat made from plastic shopping bags. I've kicked that idea around for a few months, but a recent thread on again the infamous Knittyboard.com got me thinking about it again. Someone started a thread about non-yarn knitting and another someone was cool enough to post to a site about how to connect the bag strands. I'm keeping my fingers crossed I can pull this off. I've never knit a sweater before, so I'm a little skittish. But I figure hey, if it's made of freaking plastic bags, it doesn't need to look perfect right? The weird-factor will probably outshine any design/construction flaws!

I'll try to post pictures of my progress on it tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home