Saturday, January 14, 2006

Irish Hiking Scarf

I know. The Irish Hiking Scarf is one of those "Oh How Creative!" patterns (that was sarcasm there). I try to stay away from those because it seems everyone and their mother makes them. However, I really wanted to learn how to do cables, and when I read this pattern I figured it would be a great introduction. So without further rambling, I give you my Irish Hiking Scarf made from Cascade 220 (can't remember what color #!):

IHS Full

IHS Flash

IHS WO Flash

The second and third photos are with and without flash. I've been experimenting more with my photo taking after joining the Knitty ABC Along. It will be interesting to see my progression and to see if "Z" is better looking than "A" (although I can tell you "B" and "C" will be taking from my photo library. But you'll have to wait til next week to see the start of that!

2 Comments:

Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

It's amazing what a difference the flash makes doesn't it? You'd think you'd see more detail with it on. If you have a macro setting on your camera, it's worth playing around with that too. Remember with macro you have to get a bit closer to your subject than normal for it to come out right.

But didn't you just love knitting that up? This project not only taught me cables, but I learned how to hold the yarn properly over my right index finger so I could switch between knit and purl easier.

7:22 AM  
Blogger Bezzie said...

I'm going to have to do as was suggested and just dig out my camera manual!!! I've got 25 other letters to perfect my technique!

11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home