Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Buttons and Dye Jobs

So I joined my first ever SP round (guess which knitting message board?). It's a cash-free SP. Right up my alley. Cheap is my middle name. It runs until May. At first I was hesitant to sign up--what if we're moving this spring? But in the end I threw caution into the wind. If we move great, but I'm fed up with having my life in limbo for the past year wondering when/if The Mad Scientist will get a job and we'll move. This SP sounded like too much fun to pass up!

One of the girls on the board designed a set of buttons (the delightful PennyKarma)--which inspired me to make my own:

frugal

Hee hee. My only wish is that the knitted background behind George showed up a bit clearer. That was a total beneficial mistake. I put Georgie on Chunky's hat (see earlier post!) fully intending to crop his face off of the background. But I liked the way it looked so I kept it.

Speaking of Chunky. He's got this stuffed monkey (Rosie) that he got on a field trip to one of those "Build A Bear" stores. Poor kid. All the other kids there got these $30 outfits for their animals. I just couldn't justify the expense (I told you cheap was my middle name!). I was so proud the way he took it in stride when all of his friends were showing off their overpriced teddybear outfits to him! However, since then he has asked me to knit Rosie a hat (blue) and a sweater (pink). Since I didn't really have any pink yarn in my stash, I asked him if he'd like to dye some with me. So me and Chunky did a quick dye job on some white Pattons Classic Merino Wool I had lying around just for dying. Here's a pic of it brewing:
100_0628

I think it will turn out pretty cool once it dries. Chunky says it's not pink enough---sheesh! You have to love picky four year olds!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

That looks so cool. Love the colors. At first I thought it was duo-toned, but now I see that it was still in the process of sucking up the dye. I haven't had the chance to try it myself yet. I have some knitpicks yarn waiting to try it out though!

10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home