Thursday, February 16, 2006

Is this one of the signs?

That the end is neigh? Thunder and lightning in February? In Michigan? What the hell is going on? Of course The Mad Scientist is out and about tonight during all of this (he's helping woo potential grad students to the program). Ice storm warnings to the north of us, high wind advisories to the east, and here in Ingham County--a freaking TORNADO warning. Holy shit!!

us_mkg_closeradar_large_usen

I used that red tornado to show where I am on that map!

I used to think Alaska had weird weather (wrong). I used to think Colorado had weird weather (I remember one day when at 12:00 p.m. it was 70 degrees and sunny, but 3:00 p.m. it was snowing). But I think Michigan takes the cake. Today I awoke to light freezing rain. At lunch it was 33 degrees and raining. At 4:00 p.m. when I left work it was raining (and the snow and ice was falling off the trees/powerlines in dangerous chunks). When I put Chunky to bed at 7:00 p.m. it was "movie" raining (coming down in those blowy sheets..) thundering, and lightening (I think I just made up a word.) Now at 8:15 we're under a tornado warning until 11:00 p.m. Guess who's not going to bed until 11:00 p.m.?

I HATE tornados! My brother was in the huge Oklahoma City tornados of 1998, and those tornados that hit Utica, Illinois and leveled that bar where everyone died a year or two ago--that bar used to be owned by my uncle! Thank GOD he was an alcholic and didn't realize it until he bought that bar and drank the profits to the point they had to sell and he got help.

So I guess this is a bonus for me (aside from worrying incessantly about The Mad Scientist being out there), I'll get a bunch of my NoMoMoBO scarf done for the KO tonite!

3 Comments:

Blogger Agnes said...

Once a coworker gave me a ride home from work late at night in a snowstorm, and we saw lightning. I was amazed, but he said he's often seen it. Now I hear on the weather channel that it's supposed to be rare.

Could you show us the scarf, please? I like what I've seen so far.

9:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go Go Bezzie! You can finish that BO for the Olympics. I'm knitting lace for the Olympics too! Not much of a hint is it? There are like 2000 of us!

We had a 'thundersnow' last weekend. It was really weird!

9:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, silly me, this is from your fruGal SP! :P

9:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home