Friday, March 10, 2006

All's Well That Ends Well

Well, "allegedly" became "actually" last night. The Mad Scientist landed in the Motor City at a little after 2:00 a.m. yesterday.

Lansing is a two hour drive away from Detroit (approximately). However it was raining like a cow peeing on a flat rock last night. I don't drive well in the dark as it is, but add rain and I was truly driving like a grandma! I think that's the worst rainstorm I have ever driven in. There was so much standing water on the damn interstate that I found myself starting to hydroplane. I love my car though. It's a 2000 Buick Century--The Mad Scientist calls it the Beluga Whale--but lemme tell you that old Beluga swam to the airport great last night.

Course we didn't get back to Lansing until about 4:15 a.m. last "night." So I slept until 8:00 a.m. because me and Chunky had to go up and go to school so we could go to the:
circus

YAY! The circus! It was actually a lot of fun! A little longer than I expected (2 hours) but it kept my attention as well as the kids'. Me and Chunky drove his newest friend--we'll call her "Summer" (she's got one of those quasi-hippy names) and I gotta say I was impressed. I've been on many field trips with Chunky's class and I always seem to get the shittiest most ill-behaved rudest kid to drive to wherever we're going. Summer was a delight. She was well behaved, listened to my instructions when we were navigating the Breslin Center and parking lots, and she could hold an intelligent conversation. I told The Mad Scientist that she was like the female version of Chunky. Now I know why Chunky has such an infatuation with her.

Tomorrow is The Mad Scientist's birthday--which should be fun. We're getting a babysitter for Chunky and going out to dinner and to check out a friend's new pool hall she and her husband just opened.

Ok, just because this is a knitting blog, I leave you with a picture of my newest acquisition of yarn that I promised earlier in the week I would post pics of:
germany socks
My six balls of Regia Nation sock yarn in Germany's flag's colors. Hee hee. I'm still working on the second sock of my rainbow-y ones (see posts below). I'm getting a tad better, but I think I need lessons on how to pick up the heel stitches. I keep getting serious ladders. Hopefully I'll have my technique down by the time it's time to start knitting these babies up!

2 Comments:

Blogger Penny Karma said...

I was trying to visualize a cow peeing on a flat rock, then I realized - maybe I shouldn't.

6:12 PM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Ok, 6 balls? Is this socks for the whole family plus some? Wow. That's a lot of socks. I got 1 1/2 (and I'm a size 9) out of 1 ball. That's a lot of german flag socks. But hey, you can lose one or two and still have back up! Nice!

7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home