Friday, March 31, 2006

Ding! Ding! Ding!

I finally GET it! Picking up the stitches on a heel of a sock that is! Boy I'm a doof! Here's what I was doing--since I couldn't figure out how to get the "feed" yarn (um, what do you call the yarn that isn't knitted yet?) from one side of the heel flap to the other, what I was doing was merely slipping my needles through the slipped stitches. Well no freaking wonder I was getting perverse laddering on the seam! I didn't realize you knit the feed yarn to the other side of the flap! DUH! I'm just a few stripes from hitting the heel on my second German sock. I can't wait to properly pick up the stitches.

Ah, and tomorrow is Flash Your Stash. Hee hee, I can't wait. I'll probably post my stash link early tomorrow morning since the rest of the day is going to be pretty busy. A warning in advance, since my stash is pretty meager compared to some of my knitting colleagues, I had to get a little, um, creative. Turtlegirl will know what I'm talking about. Hee hee. Stay tuned!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate picking up the gusset stitches.
I'm going to try a short row heel on my next sock.

12:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home