Saturday, March 04, 2006

E is For...

Empty

So The Mad Scientist left today. His plane left an hour ago for San Diego for the annual Society of Toxicologists meeting (SOT). Chunky and I drove him to Detroit. Sigh. I don't mind being alone for nearly a week, and I know in his line of work, travel is not out of the ordinary, but I already miss him. I think I miss him most at night--just having him sleeping on his side of the bed is comforting. So I give you:

Empty

Empty. For empty bed.

Empty actually takes on another meaning for this trip too. I had 3/4 of a tank of gas going to Detroit, but by the time me and Chunky got back into Lansing, I was on fumes. Right as I pulled into the gas station the Empty Tank light came on and started beeping. Ever since I've learned to drive I've never pushed it that far before. Ha ha! Reminds me of that Seinfeld where Kramer and that car salesman take that Saab for a test drive to see how far they can go with the needle on "E".

And in case you're wondering no, we don't make the bed. Why? Because we don't share a large blanket. I've discovered there's more marital bliss if we both have our own quilts/comforters. Back when we dated we tried sharing but one of us always ended up as the blanket hog and the other froze. Plus he was raised on comforters (ew) and I'm a quilt snob, I won't stoop to an impersonal comforter. Ha!

2 Comments:

Blogger cpurl17 said...

Awww I hope he has a safe trip and is home before you know it and then "e" can be for embrace!

3:05 PM  
Blogger Bezzie said...

I like that! :-)

6:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home