Saturday, March 18, 2006

So the playdate with Platinum Blonde went well. Chunky behaved himself nicely I guess and had a really good time. He didn't want to leave when I picked him up at 5:00 p.m. How cute!

So while the Chunky was away, the Bezzie did play:

100_0819

These are like my first "luxury" needles--Brittany 5 inch size US 2 douple pointed needles. I wanted some size 2 wood dpns for German sock knitting. Apparently this is a hard order to fill. First I tried Joann, they had dick for needles, but I thought I'd try them first since I had my 40% off coupon in my purse. So then I literally went across the parking lot to Michaels. Woah, they totally cleared out their stock of dpns. Maybe there's a sock knitters convention in town but they had SHIT. I was floored. I swear I could have remembered seeing Clover bamboo dpns in all sizes there. I guess I was wrong. So I went to Rae's Yarn Boutique which is located in a strip mall close to the shopping center where Joann and Michaels reside. BINGO! They had a great supply of all sizes of dpns! Hooray for local shops! (Ok, ok, I know I should patronize her shop more, but its so hard when it's such a small store and I feel obligated to buy something everytime I'm there! I just can't afford that!)

So once my nip strip tank top is completed I'll be breaking these babies in!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home