Monday, April 10, 2006

April Showers

Rain is forecast for Wednesday. So I must get crackin' on the raincoat. Here's the sleeves and front plackets:

100_0871

Woo! I'm so excited. However, I've cast on for the back of the "coat" and I'm hoping I have enough plastic bags. I've used a majority of the ones my sweet CashFree SP sent me, but I'm steering away from the thick plastic ones. If you can't tell from the picture they mess up the "gauge" of the piece (ha ha, how one can have "gauge" on a freakin' plastic bag coat is beyond me!). Thank god we go grocery shopping Wednesday!

Now that I'm getting closer to the end, I'm thinking more about finishing. My newest dilemma: beer bottlecap buttons or say larger snapple top buttons? (I've got the beer bottlecaps lying around--I'm not sure about snapple tops, would have to consult the spaces underneath the couch where my Squeaky cat likes to stash them).

1 Comments:

Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

I have a bag of bags if you want them. They're of the "beige" variety. And may I suggest winecorks? Not the cork cork kind, but the plastic kind made out of the same stuff the artificial heart is made of. I have some of those too. You can use them as toggles. Fun! Lemme know if you want them, e-mail me your addy.

1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home