Saturday, April 22, 2006

Damn Nazis!

I'm such a creature of habit. Today was the day that me and Chunky were to go to the library to check out new books like we do every Saturday once a month. We get to the library and posted on the door is a sign stating that pursuant to the recommendation of the Lansing Police Department the library will be closing early at 1:00 p.m. (it was 2:30 p.m. when we got there).

Why? Because of the Nazis. For some stupid ass reason they feel the need to "demonstrate" (I don't even really know what exactly their purpose of gathering is) in Lansing. Ok, Lansing. C'mon. This may be the capitol, but please, go to Detroit or something and leave this sorry excuse of a town alone! I mean good lord, downtown was all blocked off there were like two heliocopters circling around all day--what the hell? Bah. And trying to explain a Nazi to a four year old? Geeze. How do I do that without going into all the historic gory detail?

Anyways piss on you Nazis for being close minded freaks with nothing better to do than get all riled up in LANSING! (insert eye rolling here)

The raincoat is coming along. I think I might just barely have enough to finish the hood tonight and start seaming tomorrow. I'm soooo sick of this damn thing it's not even funny.

Oh and you'll also notice I added a button for the new Knitty foremothers' new book Big Girl Knits over to the right.

Now I'm not a big girl in the the way they define it (although I inherited a nice big ass from my mother but I've come to accept that the junk in my trunk is slammin') but I cracked up when I saw that button. When I was pregnant with Chunky we didn't find out what sex he was going to be. My father was adamant about calling him (if he was a boy) Robert Budnik Bezzie (ok, NOT my real last name there but Budnik is my maiden name and Robert is my old man's name). That got shortened to Bobby Budnik Bezzie, and that got shortened to, can you see where I'm going now? B3. So yes, although I only have one of the B's they're referencing in that button, I do love my B3!

And for the curious, Chunky's middle name is Robert. The old man got part of his wish.

1 Comments:

Blogger brewerburns said...

The nazis demonstrate in Couer D'Alene, ID every year too. They actually have a parade down the middle of downtown. Why? I don't know. But they do.

5:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home