Friday, April 07, 2006

Dangit.

I came across this t-shirt online at Cafepress thru Knitty:

CACX2BGT

Woah, I thought to myself, it doesn't get much better than that. I love to knit, I was a Hispanic Studies major, and I have an affinity for the number 27 (Chunky was born on the 27th of November). So of course I bought it.

It came in the mail yesterday. Yikes. A note to Cafepress: it's called quality control, look into it! The printing was awful. The black outlining the box was only half printed, it was faded in some places and overall did NOT look like the above picture. So their returns department got a nasty little email from yours truly. Lets just say if they try to jack me out of the money it's going to cost to return it, they've got another thing coming. But I'll wait to hear from them until I go into full-bitch mode.

I ought to get back into my Spanish again. I was decent at it when we were living in Colorado. Hay muchos mexicanos allĂ­. I worked for a company that involved me inprocessing a lot of migrant workers to work for various landscaping and construction companies in the area. I'd have to give them the schpeil I gave everyone to them in Spanish. I think it shocked the hell out of some of them that the little gringa behind the desk knew what they were saying. The worst part of that though? I don't/didn't speak Spanish well enough to come up with snappy comebacks. One example of this was two guys came in to inprocess and they were clearly talking about me and how they'd like to hit this...all the while I'm scrambling for the right things to say back! I finally strung a sentence together and showed them my wedding ring, to which their response was asking me if I had a sister. Ha ha!

So before we go to Texas, I guess I should start watching more Telemundo and dust off my dictionario so I can keep up with the sexual harrassment.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tactless Wonder said...

My friends have called me the ultimate "undercover mexican." (It was almost my blog's name, but someone'd already taken it, sniff. It's pretty bad when your own people thing you're whitey...esp. the day "the man" thought my dad was kidnapping me. What's a mexican man doing with a little white girl? Fun on a stick.
Mija, if you need some good comeback lines, give a holler :).

12:49 PM  
Blogger Penny Karma said...

There's another Undercover Mexican?

10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home