Friday, April 21, 2006

Gargantuan Noggin

Once again, I seemed to have created something with an abnormally large head. I give you Bronty:

dino

What the hell? Lets just say he lived at the end of whatever period Brontosauri lived, and the stiff competition for um, I dunno, palm fronds?, left him skinnier than the other herbivores. Poor Bronty. I might give him to Chunky instead of Baby H. (The shower for Baby H isn't until May 12, so I've got time to think of something different, or build a better Bronty).

Chunky too was born with a large head. What does the Scottish father say in "So I Married an Axe Murderer"? It's like a toothpick with an orange on it.

You try raising a kid where you have to actually cut a notch the collars of his shirts so they'll go over his giant melon! Ha ha! What kills me the most is the "joke" his pediatrician made when I brought him in for his first or second year check up (it's all a blur) and he made a comment about Chunky's large head...something to the effect of normally they'd screen for encephalitis with a kid with such a large head but since he's not having any visual problems he'll probably be ok. It must have been his one year old check up because I remember being a little peeved about that comment. You don't joke about shit like that with a new mother.

Anyway, because if you can't say anything nice then don't say anything at all--I must say I totally dig the yarn I made Bronty out of. It's one of the balls of frogged sweater yarn my Cashfree SP sent me that I Kool Aid dyed.

3 Comments:

Blogger Rain said...

I love the yarn you used for Bronty. I think he looks really sweet.

3:20 AM  
Blogger Penny Karma said...

I love So I Married an Axe Murderer. I always think of it when I hear the word Fortnightly.

Why? Because they add a Secret Ingredient that makes you crave it fortnightly, Mr. Smartass.

"Oh, I hated the Colonel with his wee beady eyes... and that smug look on his face 'Oh, you're gonna buy my chicken, ooooohhh!!'"

HEED! MOVE!!

7:48 AM  
Blogger Bezzie said...

BOY! PANTS! NOW!

11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home