Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Gratuitous Kid Post

So I'm rummaging through my stash last night looking for what I can't even remember. Chunky climbs up on the bed where I'm digging through the bag that holds my stash (yeah that's right--just a measley bag! You saw the yarno!) he grabs the big ball of orangey goodness I dyed from the frogged sweater my Cashfree SP sent me and says "Mom take a picture of me with your yarn so I can be on the internet!"

So yeah, how could I say "no" to that?

ham&yarn

Hee hee. He even said "Yarn ball!" instead of cheese--no prompting on my part. Hm. This picture might look good on the Christmas cards this year. Why can't he ever smile like this when getting his school picture taken? When they tell him to smile at school he smiles like he's taking the world's most painful crap!

Well tonight I should be knitting more of the raincoat. I'm on the final piece--the hood, but believe it or not I'm running low on bags again (can you believe I went through all those bags Turtlegirl sent me?!) Gah! I'm so close to the end. I'll get it done this weekend, I swear!

But tonight I shall embark upon casting on Bronty. He's a dinosaur from Xtreme Knitting. I don't have the link, but he's related to the Mr. Stegs Grumperina finished and documented on her blog. I've got a friend that just popped out a baby and even though I already knitted her a blanket, well I can't exactly go to her baby shower (it's one of those postpartum baby showers you see) without a gift!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

What a cutie! Now you just have to teach him how to knit.
BTW... I have a buttload of bags I'd love to send your way. Lemme know if you still need 'em and I will send them off!You can send yer mailing address to kodiakpicea@yahoo.com.

11:33 PM  
Blogger Pyewacket said...

*laugh* What a kid has to do to get his 15 minutes of fame, eh? Good on ya for raising a man who will appreciate yarn. ;-)

7:47 AM  
Blogger Penny Karma said...

I'm gonna make my kids say "YARN BALL!" when I take their pictures, from now on.

3:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home