Monday, May 08, 2006

Fugtacular!

I was one of the participants in the First Annual Fug Off (now morphing into a traveling Fug-a-Blog object d'fug). The brainchildren (crazy geniuses?) behind the First Annual Fug Off were the one and only Penny Karma and
Domestic Overlord

I was the lucky (?) recipient of dkswife's (aka The Cheesy Knit Wit; aka Kay) colon cancer on a stick scarf. The back story to this lovely (snicker) piece of fug is that she knit it while a family member was battling colon cancer and well, you've heard of projection right? The bad juju associated with such a nasty disease such as colon cancer seems to have manifested itself in this scarf.

Anyways, without further rambling, and with great apologies to the Yarn Harlot and her traveling sock, I give you the pictoral adventure me and the fug had this afternoon!

First I welcomed the fug into our home sweet Apartment #5 home:

Door

Awwww....look at the hug its giving our cute little family name sign!

Fug and I quickly hopped into the Silver Cloud and buckled up for adventure:

Buckled

So I asked my fug, what exactly do you think of when you think of:

Lansing???

First thing I think of is cars. Sadly due to the shut down of a majority of the G.M. plants, the auto industry in Lansing is dying. However, on the subject of death and cars, there was one dead guy we decided to visit:

R E Olds crypt

The one and only R. E. Olds, father of the Oldsmobile, which of course they don't make anymore and have shut down the plant that used to make them.

Fug and I decided the next thing you think of when you think of Lansing is fourth grade. Why fourth grade? Because in fourth grade you're forced to learn state capitals:

At the Capital

Finally the fug and I wracked our brains--what the hell else is there to see in this dump? Ah ha! Of course! The third major source of income for this hellhole, the one the only:

MSU

MSU! I tried to get a picture of the fug with Sparty, formerly the world's largest outdoor terra cotta statue (they replaced him last summer and now the original Sparty resides in the MSU library I believe), but the roads leading to his non-terra cotta doppleganger in front of Spartan Stadium were under construction. Darn. That would have made a cool picture.

Overall the fug and I had fuggin' good time.

8 Comments:

Blogger DomesticOverlord said...

Nice. I feel as though I experienced the true boredom that only a trip to Lansing can bring. My favorite part was the tomb. Excellent trip!

7:45 PM  
Blogger cpurl17 said...

I'm so glad your FUG has found a good home.

The tomb shot was excellente!

7:57 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Fug, sweet fug. I think it's great you took the fug out into the world for some exposure, since fug may not be worn so much. Although, I have to say, it's one of those things that's so fugly it's cute. I may just have to get in on this fug-a-long action (not that I've ever made anything fugly- yeah right!).

Hey, love the tank top... I'm agonna haveta bust out a couple of those should spring or summer ever decide to come to Kodiak. It's still 40 degs and f---ing raining. It snowed this morning too. At this point, even Lansing is starting to look good...

9:36 PM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Fugtastic adventures! Yay!

Ya know, I feel like an idiot. I had no idea that the dude that created the Oldsmobile had the last name "Olds" Huh.

11:16 AM  
Blogger Cheesy Knit Wit said...

I have always wanted to run the marathon in Lansing!

Glad the fug cast-off found a warm, loving home!

:-)

12:53 PM  
Blogger Stacie said...

that looks like a fugin good time! I love the pict-o-trip with the beloved object. Awesome!

12:59 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

There should be a series of guidebooks: The Fugly Side of (fill in your city here).

Recently Owen asked me if they're called Oldsmobiles because you have to be an old fart to drive one! And he was actually serious. I'll have to show him your photo of the Olds Tomb, so he'll believe me that it was actually someone's name.

1:36 PM  
Blogger Penny Karma said...

Words fail me.

4:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home