Wednesday, May 17, 2006

High Hopes and Other Randomness

Sing it with me! Oh yes she's got hiiighhh hopes!!! Hiiighhh hopes!

I give you the front of the Shapely Tank de Cottontots:

front

You will notice the location of the boob-darts:

detail

Um yeah, Laverne and Shirley were probably that perky oh, back when I was in fourth grade! (Any guesses as to why I call 'em Laverne and Shirley? And no, when I was nursing Chunky I did NOT lactate milk and coke (pardon--Pepsi) out of one of them--ha ha!)

So I guess I'll just finish the back and pray for a great push up bra. The Mad Scientist has suggested duck tape.

Speaking of The Mad Scientist, I've been on Operation Pantry Raid (no, not panty, pantRy) to use up the crap in our cupboards because a) we don't have as much money as we used to for grocery shopping with me not working and b) I'm not hauling a bunch of dry and canned goods across the country when we move. So last night I made some brownies using some cocoa powder and some caramel ice cream topping I had in the fridge (not as yummy as I had hoped). Anyway, as I'm mixing everything together The Mad Scientist asks:

"Are you gonna put nuts in them?"

Me: "Um, no, I don't have any nuts sorry."

TMS: "Oh well, then I'm not going to eat any."

Me: "What the hell is it with you not ever eating my brownies if they don't have nuts???"

TMS: "What?! You wouldn't love me if I didn't have nuts."

Point taken. I love my husband.

Ok, now back to some knitting related topic (hey, I don't call it "Random Meanderings" for nothing!) I've been tagged by Karen with this little Meme:

1)What's your favorite LYS?: Threadbear
2)What about it do you like most?: It's GINORMOUS! You can go in, fondle, browse, knit if you want to, pet the dog, and walk out completely satisfied even if you don't buy anything.
3)What is your 2nd favorite?: Rae's Yarn Boutique
4)What would you improve about it to make it a tie with your first?: I'd make it a tad bit bigger, I feel guilty if I go in there and DON'T buy anything. But the girl who owns that store has got to be close to my age and her knitting ability astounds me.
5)What's the last thing your bought at your #1 LYS? Two skeins of Dale Stork Cotton and a couple of skeins of cotton blend sock yarn.
6)Who's Next?: Geeze, I suck at tagging peeps. If you read this and haven't seen it before and want to complete it yourself--go for it. (Seems like everyone I know has done this meme!)

And finally, I cleaned out about 1/4th of my closet yesterday. I emptied out a drawer full of Chunky's old baby clothes. God, where did my little baby boy go?!

Did anyone catch the season finale of Scrubs last night? I laughed at the irony of Dr. Cox and Jordan giving away all of their baby crap only to realize that Jordan's pregnant later in the episiode--but then I had to stop laughing when I realized that's exactly what I had been doing all day!

9 Comments:

Blogger Carolyn said...

The Shapely Tank is looking great so far. LOVE that colour!

1:16 PM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Ha! You bagged out on tagging people too. I refuse to do a meme in which I am not specifically tagged. I have thus far managed to avoid any. Hee hee hee.

The tank looks good so far! I have some green cotton tots waiting to be knit up. I can't wait to see how this one works out for you.

1:36 PM  
Blogger Pyewacket said...

I like the tank! The yarn has a nice sheen to it. How is the waist shaping working out? I know you were concerned that it wouldn't lie flat.

I want to try one of these in cheapo kitchen cotton, so I'm watching your experience with interest. Don't you feel used? ;-)

1:52 PM  
Blogger Rain said...

Love the colour for the tank, hope 'the girls' behave when you're wearing it.

Oooo the fussy monkey. Just tell your husband you'd rather he had nuts than brownies - still all the more for you.

Lol, hope that programme wasn't an omen.....

6:49 PM  
Blogger Penny Karma said...

IT'S MILK AND PEPSI!!

- BooBoo Kitty

8:05 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Hehe! YIKES!! Ok, thats over, love the tank especially the color! Now hurry up and finish so you can model it :) (ha...me who takes forever to finish something and has yet to model anything but a hat and scarf...) :)

10:00 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

I dig the fiery shade. I just think you should crochet pasties to go over the built-in nips... I'm so kidding (or am I?).

3:34 AM  
Blogger Starfish said...

um...cause they live in the basement?

Two points for the husband, don't you love when their corny jokes actually make you laugh!?

11:25 AM  
Blogger Stacie said...

I loved the Scrubs finale! It's funny cuz it's true!

8:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home