Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Knit One, Pack Two

Not much excitement to report today. The lady from the law firm in San Antonio called me and I've secured an interview for June 7. Whee! Now all I have to do is find a list of daycares and set up some tours and do the same with houses. I emailed an realtor I saw with a lot of listings online. She emailed me back and pretty much gave me the blow off. Screw you lady. Now I know who I won't be finding a place through! I won't say who the company is but lets just say it rhymes with Moldsmell Skanker.

I've been packing up a storm as you can see:

100_1038

Silly katze.

Yesterday I packed a lot of my non-essential pots and pans and of course discovered I had a lot to get rid of. So I posted on my beloved Freecycle:

I've got the following kitchen items up for grabs:

9 inch aluminum pie pan
Angel Food Tube Pan (new w/tag)
2 small fry pans (9" or so...)
Small square flat "griddle" pan
4 cup electric rice cooker (working condition)
One of those super chopper thingys you used to see on TV a few years
back--you use it to mince veggies.

You must take it ALL. Thanks!


To which I received (among many) the following response:

Hello, I am interested in all the things you have listed, I need a rice cooker, and a griddle, and fry pans. I do a lot of cooking at my house for my family.
Thanks
Rebecca


Oh my god! She cooks at her house for her family! Well then! I should give them to her!!! What a deserving person showing up all those damn losers that eat out all the time, or cook at their neighbor's house. I had to resist the urge to email her back with some snarky remark telling her to shut up and quit giving chicks named Rebecca a bad name with such stupid remarks. (Rebecca is my professional name).

Ok, enough obsessing about idiots on Freecycle. I've beat that one to death.

On the knitting front I'm attacking another one of my pet peeves. I'll give you a little preview:

100_1042

Hee hee! Just wait! I just hope I have the balls to do what I want to do with it!

I've got a couple of other little projects going now that the Dumpley Tank is completed. I've got to come up with something portable and time consuming for my San Antonio trip in a week and a half. Something that won't get me an FBI file like The Mad Scientist when he forgot to leave his pocket knife in the car when he went to San Diego and they damn nearly strip searched him.

Maybe a sock?

8 Comments:

Blogger Inky said...

About that realtor thing, I don't get it either. We're beginning our search and have been blown off by two realtors. I guess our meager sum of money isn't enough to bother with. Seems to me when I do business, business IS business, but oh well, I'd rather give my money to someone who wants to do a good job. Luckily we found her by accident via email and she's a real help!! I hope you find one too.

11:11 AM  
Blogger Pyewacket said...

Heh. I know of a snooty Moldsmell Skanker realtor too. Our realtor from ERA Trend was a gem, though, and we were shopping for The Cheap.

That said, I really think it depends on the individual more than the company. Keep looking!

11:47 AM  
Anonymous turtlegirl76 said...

I got my condo through Moldswell Skanker, but then again, my realtor is someone I used to bartend with and party with on a regular basis.

1:33 PM  
Blogger Stacie said...

I don't ever get tired of the making-fun-of-people-on-freecycle. That's just me though. Good luck packing. I actually like packing. I moved cross-country in '98, and loved getting rid of a ton of dead weight. What is the red/white/blue??

1:44 PM  
Blogger KnitAbout said...

moldsmell skanker, lol. that'd be a great band name...

how about some bad irony with the red white and blue. I'll be watching for that!

my hubby is in law too :)

12:55 AM  
Blogger Rain said...

I think you should knit something that will get you an FBI file - you could be The Notorious Bezzie.

Hope the freecycle mob don't drive you too nuts.

5:21 AM  
Blogger Penny Karma said...

I've always wondered about the concept behind a 4th-of-July afghan. I guess it gets cold in July if you live in, um... Australia?

Freecycle is an endless source of amusement and I'm so glad you enjoy it in much the same way as I do. Snarkiness rules.

7:24 AM  
Blogger Sherry W said...

Can I have the rice cooker? Pleasepleaseplease? I have 15 starving babies with no teeth and a bag of homeless rice. I also have 5 dogs and I have to give them warm food because they have tapeworms and mange. Please give it to meeeeeeee!!!!!!

10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home