Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Less Than a Week Now

We'll be on the road in less than a week. We hope to hit San Antonio next Wednesday. Do we have a place to live yet? Nope. They're still "reviewing" my lease application. Don't ever rent with Aimco. They suck. If it's going to take a week to review my application, then don't send me an email telling me it will only take 24 hours and then call me a week later because I sent an email to your national office bitching about how you never return my phone calls feeding me yet another excuse that your "computers are down" and you won't be able to get to it yesterday. They've got til 2:00 p.m. today to contact me or I'm contacting another place that actually REPLIED to me in a day after I sent an inquiry. Boy I hope the other place turns out so I can tell Aimco to suck it. That will be worth forfeiting the $70 application fee in and of itself.

And if I can't find a place to live down there and I have to forfeit my job while I find a place to live, oh well. I know I can live unemployed. I've been doing it for two months. No big deal.

Moving on to what I have accomplished lately! Yesterday was clean the stove day. I haven't cleaned the stove in the nearly 6 years we've lived here. Ok, well I have wiped it down, but I haven't lifted the burners, pulled out the drip tray thingys and cleaned the oven in nearly 6 years. Yup. It took nearly all day. Part of that was due to the oven cleaner taking 8 hours to "work" according to the package.

So here it is in all it's clean-y goodness:

stove top

oven

Check out that shine!

If you've made it this far into the post, you probably realize, as I do myself, that I am so boring I've resorted to posting pictures and descriptions of my adventures in cleaning a stove on my blog. How truly sad.

But despite all this cleaning and packing, I've managed to knit:

Soleil

I frogged the Lotus Blossom and started this--Soleil. My originally planned third Texas Trio Tank Top. It's funny how I abandoned it for the Lotus Blossom thinking that it was too hard. Then Lotus turned too hard and suddenly Soleil looked like a piece of cake--and has been sofar. Obviously that lace at the bottom will need some serious blocking.

Finally, speaking of frogs, and because I just read Rain's post about her frog pond, I leave you with a frog of my own from our garden trip last Friday.

frog

Ribbit.

7 Comments:

Blogger Sherry W said...

Cute froggy!

If you need help with lotus blossom again, let me know...
Keeping my fingers crossed for moving...

10:20 AM  
Anonymous turtlegirl76 said...

Rockin' frog photo. Love the close-up. And isn't it the best feeling to get your stove spankin' clean before a move? It's almost like a challenge to the leasing company. "Ha! I dare you to find something to charge me for!"

The Soleil looks good. I love that plummy purple color. Mmm...

11:47 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Cute froggy!

yay for clean stoves! I hate cleaning under the burner thingies. I do it sparingly myself.

12:27 PM  
Blogger Penny Karma said...

Wow, I can't believe it's coming up so soon! Send me your address so I can whip out a Welcome to Texas package.

We're here in this Rent-A-Shithole for another year and already I'm dreading Clean the Oven Day.

1:30 PM  
Blogger sgeddes said...

If I got my oven that clean - I'd probably never use it again!

2:04 PM  
Blogger cpurl17 said...

That's one shiney stove! Luckily for me, since I don't actually use mine, it stays pretty clean. Although one time I tried to use the self cleaning oven feature and the smoke alarm went off and I tried to pull the battery out but learned that the detectors are wired into the electical so they wouldn't stop blaring...

4:40 PM  
Blogger Rain said...

I'm laughing at the frog photo. When I was little my friends and I used to go 'Taddying' which was collecting frog spawn from the local wetlands and watching it hatch out and seeing the tadpoles develop. I always had to give mine away before they reached frogdom :(

The oven is sparkling!

It's a shame about lotus blossom, but soleil looks fantastic. I love the colour of the yarn.

4:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home