Friday, June 02, 2006

This Is What I get For Laughing

At Turtlegirl when she was tagged by Rain to show the innards of her knitting bag. Karma's a bitch. So here goes:

I've got more of a knitting "basket" for my at-home projects:

basket

As you can see, therein lies the re-cast on of the Lotus Blossom Tank from IK (also pictured). In there is my copy of the Stitch n'Bitch designers journal that the 'rents gave me for Xmas. Underneath all of that is a box of t-pins for blocking, and a tapemeasure. Whee.

T., if you're reading--see those papers in the background? That's Greg and Barry! I unearthed them in my packing adventure. Poor Greg and Barry was a collaborative short story (?) that T. and I started two or so years ago about a gay couple living in Salt Lake City who decide to take a road trip to San Francisco to get married. I think they've been stuck in Reno for the past two years.

Ok, back to the task at hand--here's the outside of my purse/knitting bag:

rascal

I love this thing. It's smaller than a briefcase, but larger than a normal purse. The front pocket I use for my pursey-shit like checkbook, bank card, etc. Then there are two large compartments:

inside rascal

As you can see, this is the compartment I keep my travelling knitting in. I've got my sock ready to go to San Antonio here. There's also a small little notebook that my first CASP Sherry gave me and another tape measure in there.

One of the things I like about this bag is the pattern pocket in this compartment:

pocket

Heels by number! My favorite sock cheat sheet.

Needles are kept in a vase on top of the stereo on top of the entertainment out of the way of a certain pair of cats:

needles

And finally, this really isn't knitting bag related, but I have to show off the nifty yarn cutter I scored at Joann's this weekend:

cutter

Hopefully I'll be able to get that on the plane with me. I dig this design much more than those antiquey-Clover models out there.

And ha ha, I'm going to be nice and not directly tag anyone! Hee hee! If you want to spill the innards of your knitting bag--go for it.

Ok, well I'm off to organize my shit for my trip Tuesday. I've got the Yarn Barn down on my must-see places in San Antonio per Penny Karma's suggestion. Anyone else have any suggestions? Maybe I can try to find my bicycle in the basement of the Alamo if I run out of things to see and do.

6 Comments:

Blogger Rain said...

I'm not laughing - promise.

You look too tidy, it's not fair.

I love the yarn cutter, it looks really handy especially for on planes etc.

2:28 PM  
Blogger Cheesy Knit Wit said...

Have a safe trip to SA!

Take care!

Kay

3:18 PM  
Blogger sgeddes said...

I'm not going to laugh either!
That is the coolest yarn cutter I've seen. Good luck on the trip!

12:05 PM  
Blogger Stacie said...

Good stuff. I like that bag! have fun in Texas!!

1:49 PM  
Blogger cpurl17 said...

Not only do I love keeping up with your Big Move, I love when I learn something new and I did--thank you for pointing out the Heels by Number chart!! I googled and found it and have printed out my own copy for MY knitting bag!!

4:36 PM  
Blogger T. Budnik said...

Greg and Barry. I have a file with all of their stories. I'll admit that the ball is still in my court.

If it makes you feel any better, I've got a birthday story going for you.

-T.

12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home