Saturday, July 29, 2006

M Is For

Mounds of Poo

mounds o poo

Can you see those little specks on the brown grass in the middle of the picture? Yeah it's all dog crap.

I thought about different M's, but the recent explosion of monarch butterflies here (anyone remember that Reading Rainbow?) meant there were too many of them and none would hold still for me. I know you can't really see these mounds clearly. But do you really want to? Just take my word for it. Hee hee.

culprits

Gee I wonder what these chicks are doing. Don't see any bags in their hands. On the plus side though I was picking up a package at the main office of this complex and one of the employees asked me how the outside of my apartment was doing. After her hemming and hawing I finally got out of her that she wanted to know if it still smelled like dogcrap. I told her it sure did. She said they've already issued lease violations to my lovely neighbors and would look into it. Gah, I saw one of the culprits today--talk about an ugly dog. I can't even think of a breed to compare it to--it's just that ugly. And unfixed. Nothing worse than an ugly dog with his doggy dirty parts flapping around all over the place. Guh!

Ok, M is officially taken care of. Now I need to do N and I think I'll be all caught up!

Onto more fiberly pursuits. I seem to have been caught up in the latest epidemic of spinitis. As I posted a few days ago, I got some Blue Face Lancester roving in the mail and decided to give the old spindle another try. The first time I tried it out was with merino. Man, my results stunk big time. The Blue Face was MUCH nicer. I read somewhere that it was a good fiber to begin with. Granted my ma gave me a dollar for the park n'draft and that's all I did (brownie points for telling me what movie I mutated that quote from). But here's my first attempt with the blue face:

big spin

So a night later I decided to go finer and came up with this:

thin spin

Not too shabby for an official second and third try with the spindle. We'll see how future endeavors turn out. Next up I need to finish my Bitchin' Mittens.

But the big highlight of my day had to have been:

naked bed

MY NEW BED!

I've been sleeping on the couch the whole time I've been down here, minus a few nights on the floor with The Mad Scientist before he left to go back north. I just realized that aside from my car, I think this is the most expensive thing we've ever bought. Our first "grown up" bed--hooray!!

I've got 10 skeins of TLC Cotton Plus coming from joann.com in the mail to make one of those in vogue log cabin afghans. The Mad Scientist and I do NOT share covers. He has his twin size comforter that he sleeps under; I have my twin size quilt. It's probably helped our marriage. I think we started sharing covers when we were first married, but it didn't work out. But now that we have a "real" bed, I'm thinking a "real" coverlet is in order for when we're not sleeping in it.

8 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Great spinning! And I'm glad hubby and I aren't the only ones that don't share. We do for the most part, but sometimes in the winter we have a difference of opinion in how cold it is. :)

9:54 PM  
Blogger cpurl17 said...

Love the new bed! It's verrry purty!

And the mounds of poo--ugh, must be extra lovely in the summer heat.

1:46 AM  
Blogger Rain said...

Ooo lovely bed. The log cabin afghans look great.

I stayed on a campsite in France with a group of friends, we were put right near the septic tank so the holiday catch phrase was - Smell that poo! I feel your pain, but it sounds like something may get done.

4:32 AM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Oh God. I was so embarrassed last summer when my mother started picking up after the neighbours dogs. She can't leave well enough alone. Not that I was a fan of the smell of fresh dog crap in 95 degree weather, but ya know. I finally cornered the owner of the offending animals and told her how badly it smelled. She felt really bad, not realizing (ya right) how bad it was for me and our neighbours. After that, she always had a bag with her. Though I did contemplate leaving a bag 'o bags hanging from my fence as a hint before talking to her.

I have got to do M and N. I must have something around here besides Morris for M. I already used the cats.

8:05 AM  
Blogger Batty said...

Nice spinning! I'm going to try someday, but am scared of the results.

Your new bed is great. Just look at the bed. Don't look at the poo.

8:11 AM  
Blogger Starfish said...

How funny, DH and I don't share covers either and I ALWAYS tell people it saved our marriage!!! Love the new bed, it's gorgeous!

10:20 AM  
Blogger T. Budnik said...

My Ma she gave me a dollar and dropped me off at the park n' ride.

Wayne's World II.

-T.

8:40 PM  
Blogger Bezzie said...

Ha ha! Thanks T! You get the brownie point. But I think you owe me two pats on the back!

8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home