Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Dear Texas: Kiss My Alaskan Ass

As most of you know, someone stole my bumper stickers last night (Chunky calls them sticker bumps!)

They took my "Alaska Girls Kick Ass" sticker and my "I Support The Guy In China Making these Idiotic Magnets" sticker (and it has a picture of one of those yellow ribbons.) Don't get me wrong, I support the troops, but does it really help a soldier much when you shell out a $1.50 at Walmart to buy a Made In China "Support Our Troops" magnet to stick on your SUV? No. Do something more supportive with that $1.50. Send them a postcard...something!

But as The Mad Scientist told me, I still kick ass, and although you can take the girl out of Alaska, you can't take Alaska out of the girl. Aww...he's so sweet.

Moving onto better, happier things, I must share with you the supreme spoilage of my kick ass (yeah, I might just overuse that term in this entry) CASP!

Check this out!

table

That's the contents of two packages from my dear Knitting Pig. (Minus the Amish pig basket in the middle there--my mother in law gave that to me) It was two packages due to the fact she had the first one ready right as we were leaving Lansing.

Here's some of my favorite stuff she sent me, she's obviously crafty:

stitchmarkers oh my!

Some beautiful stitchmarkers and a bracelet (for my belated birthday). Not the best picture, but I was totally excited. And is it strange if you want to start using stitchmarkers even though your pattern doesn't need them? They're just so pretty I can't wait to use them!!!

Next up is a needle roll she made me out of this cute green elephant fabric and she included some size 13 circulars with a note that they've been through 4 swaps and if I can use them do it, otherwise keep them going. I've got a pair of 13 circulars, and honestly even if I didn't, I'd have to keep the chain alive!!!

needles and needlecase

And finally, she honed in on my penchant for pigs and knitted me this washcloth:

pig cloth

The color is nowhere near that color in the picture--it's more of a piggy-pink. But I couldn't get the pig stitch definition to "pop" when I had the flash on.

I've decorated my kitchen in a pig theme and this guy is NOT going to be used for dishes--he's going on display!

The pictures here are just a small fraction of cool stuff she sent me!! I still can't get over it! She's crafty, creative, watches Sesame Street, lives in Ohio (I think), and totally made my day/week/month!!!

Knitting Pig, you kick ass!

15 Comments:

Blogger Lystessa said...

Time to buy some new bumper stickers! You should try for some that are actually offensive this time... ;^P

10:13 PM  
Blogger Penny Karma said...

Knitting Pig - send me that pig washcloth pattern!

If I ever see that "I support the guy in China" thing, I simply must have it. I share your sentiment. That's totally funny.

Why would somebody steal the Alaskan girls kick ass one? Don't they know they're messin with an Alaskan girl, who is rumored to kick ass?? That's a big gamble, dude.

7:42 AM  
Blogger Stacie said...

WOW! What a booty! That's a lot of great stuff. I'm with you, I made little leaflets to put on SUVs that said the yellow ribon is literally the elast you can do. Sell that freakin gas guzzler, if ya really support the troops. I've heard bad things about Texas, good luck!

9:44 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Who would steal bumper stickers?!? That's absurd.

Great haul there....love the ladybug stitch markers!

10:12 AM  
Blogger Sherry W said...

I love those little fishy markers! Cute piggy washcloth too!

10:39 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

that sucks that your bumper stickers were stolen....stupid people.

Your CASP rocks! Ohio hummmmm, I might have an idea :)

11:20 AM  
Blogger DomesticOverlord said...

I will send you some bumper stickers. I promise they will rule.

1:13 PM  
Blogger Penny Karma said...

I will also contribute to the Bumper Sticker Fund. Hope you're into NASCAR.

1:15 PM  
Blogger cpurl17 said...

I'd be happy to drive over Berkeley to pick up some stickers that I'm sure will go over big in Tejas.

1:24 PM  
Blogger Starfish said...

What?! That's crazy! I bet it was the lady who doesn't pick up dog poop?

Great gifts too!

2:11 PM  
Blogger Rain said...

Cool stuff, your pal rocks.

Not cool on the theft though. WTF?

2:45 PM  
Blogger sgeddes said...

The loot looks great. It is amazing that someone would actually steal a bumper sticker. I'll keep my eyes peeled for some good ones to send you.

4:22 PM  
Blogger Ali said...

Cool stitch-markers and pig cloth. I almost made that same dishcloth. The site where she got it from has a great one for a cow and a dolphin too.

Sounds like sumbuddy is getting demselves a heap of sticker-bumps real soon. :)

7:18 PM  
Blogger JRS said...

Bezzie, you crack me up. That "I support the guy in China" bumper sticker is just too hilarious. You must have it replaced!
One of the many itty-bitty reasons that I love living in Japan is that people do NOT plaster their cars (and yes, they drive cars, not SUVs) with ribbon-shaped magnets. Every time I go back to the Midwest it's a bit of a jolt to see all that crap.

7:42 PM  
Anonymous the kitchener bitch said...

I tape my bumper stickers to the inside of my window so someone would have to commit a felony to steal 'em. You go and good for you on those stupid "support our troops" things that don't help anybody!

6:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home