Friday, August 04, 2006

No Glove No Love

I guess I should have seen it coming. But quite honestly, buying virus protection for the fossil computer slipped my mind. And it's quite hard to find a decent virus protection program for dialup. Half the time you can't download security patches and live updates.

I turned on the fossil last night only to have it tell me "Cannot read C drive." Ah, lovely!

But this is why we have a rainy day fund, and today and tomorrow are tax-free days, so I'm going to see if those cover computer purchases. I don't need anything fancy and I've got all the periphrials (screen, keyboard, speakers, mouse, etc) already. So all I have to purchase is a new hard drive.

Why not just go get the old computer de-virused? Um, yeah, there's stuff on that computer that might hurt my presidential campaign someday. Plus the computer is Windows 98. It would probably cost more to repair the thing than it's worth. It's time to upgrade.

8 Comments:

Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Yeah take advantage of that! It's tax free this weekend in the Carolinas too. I need to not shop.

9:00 AM  
Blogger Tactless Wonder said...

If tax free doesn't cut it? Try the Dell website. I don't have time to check right now, but they had awesome deals not too long ago.

9:30 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Yep, time to upgrade.

Apparently too there are great computer deals out there now since they just came up with a fancy new chip...so you can get the ones without the fancy new chip for a steal....and fancy new chip is really only for serious gamers from what I hear.

Unless you want til 2007, when Windows unveils the new Operating system....

12:01 PM  
Blogger Stacie said...

sorry about your loss! Good luck with the new 'puter! and thanks for the b-day greeting, made me smile!

9:37 PM  
Blogger Pyewacket said...

Bezzie for President!

Have fun shopping. :)

10:06 PM  
Blogger T. Budnik said...

Bezzie, with a campaign manager like me, there's no need to worry about those scandalous computer files.

Can I be your campaign manager?

-T.

10:23 PM  
Blogger cpurl17 said...

I hope you find a good deal on a new, super fast, spiffy computer

1:09 AM  
Blogger Rain said...

What a drag. I just had to get a new one too, my laptop was on it's last legs and it took ages to get it set up how I like it. It's probably worth upgrading.

Look into AVG antivirus, it's free and works just as well as the likes of Norton and is much less annoying to run.

6:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home