Tuesday, August 22, 2006

O is For

Oregano

Oregano

These little buggers survived being knocked over twice by Squeaky and a trip in the back of a moving truck to Texas. Now that they're outside free from feline hitwomen they've taken off. So delicious too! I cut up a few shoots and sprinkled them on our pizza last night.

I also finished some boring socks.

sockotta

They're Plymouth Sockotta. I'm in love with cotton sock yarn. These were knit on my lunch hours outside in the park they have on campus. Yes, they're boring. Very boring in fact. So boring that some days I started to doze off knitting them. Oh well. Despite their dullness, they're my best socks to date. Finally by the fifth pair and I think I've got the heel and toe mastered. I did the inside-out three needle bind off on this pair. Screw kirchner stitching. This is much easier and much sturdier feeling. Contrary to popular belief, there's no annoying toe seam from this method. At least for me!

My next lunch sock project will be the infamous Jaywalkers from some wool Opal. I don't think I'm going to continue the pattern down onto the foot though. So I guess it will be akin to crossing the street a few feet away from the crosswalk, but not actually in it.

6 Comments:

Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Aww, they aren't boring! They're fun colors! And it's the best pattern for patterned yarn. I love my plain stockinette purse-knitting-socks!

8:27 AM  
Blogger Zonda said...

They are cute! Not boring at all! hehe glad I am not the only one who falls asleep knitting mindless stuff LOL! :)

9:43 PM  
Blogger Starfish said...

I think they're great (at least you have your feet covered this time). I am loving cotton sock yarns now too.

11:50 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Nice socks! Not boring! Happy feet!

And I love oregano. Too bad I killed the shoot I transplanted from my old house.

2:58 PM  
Blogger Red Dog Knits - Kristi and Otis said...

Bezzie - I don't have an e-mail address for you so thought I would leave a comment here - if you would like to be able to post on the Day of the Dead KAL site, send me an e-mail and I can send you a blogger invite to be a participant so you can post, etc. krisgarcia (AT) comcast (DOT) net.

6:46 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

I can smell the oregano just looking at your picture. mmm. love the socks, too!

8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home