Thursday, August 17, 2006

Third Grade Served Me Well

I learned how to kiddie weave in third grade. Why is this relevant? I finished my muñeca for the Day of the Dead Knitalong last night. I figured he needed a little mini-serape to complete him. It seemed more fitting to weave him one, so I broke out the cardboard and crappy yarn.

blurry and away

A closer shot:

closeup

I'm digging this knitalong because the little day of the dead dolls can be pretty rough/folk arty. So my pathetic excuse for weaving and the embroidering on my doll can be overlooked! I'll post pictures of him this weekend once I get his finishing touches finalized.

Tomorrow I'll post full pictures of the wannabe macros I took earlier this week. I think Libi came the closest. And I was right to disqualify T.! Beeyotch guessed all of them right even though we haven't lived together for seven years!

5 Comments:

Blogger Sherry W said...

That's a frigging cool KAL! I was in Mexico City just a few days before DotD. I was a dumbass and didn't stay a few extra days to see it. i did get a sugar skull though, a skull necklace, and a tin skelly.

I can't wait to see your doll!

8:49 AM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

I think I may have to skip the macro shoot. I'm to far behind. Oh well.

Cool ghetto-weaving-machine. I have a beading loom that'd probably work for something small like that. Hmmm....

9:18 AM  
Blogger sgeddes said...

How cool! I wish I would have learned to weave like that in grade school.

11:48 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Heee, day of the dead KAL!

I can't wait to see you're little guy!

cool impromptu loom as well!

1:40 PM  
Blogger Rain said...

Tee hee, we did weaving in school too. That brings back memories.

Can't wait to see your doll.

6:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home