Tuesday, September 26, 2006

All the Pretty Wrappings

The baby shower for Mrs. Adam is on Thursday. I had to wrap the Black Widow Baby Hat:

100_1920

C'mon please, you didn't think I was going to wrap it in like real wrapping paper or one of those gift bags did you? Nothing like a brown paper bag stamped with baby stamps (it's a boy by the way) and a homemade spider made out of some mystery black cardstock and some old scrapbooking brads I had to give him that iggly-giggly leg effect to say how much I care!!

His belly reads:

The Itsy Bitsy Spider stopped by to say-
Congratulations on your special day!

And of course I fuzzed out my name and department for blog posting purposes only.

This is probably the best baby gift I've ever given and it didn't cost me a dime. Ha ha!

Speaking of cheap. My CASP2 (who would be ????) sent me six skeins of TLC Cotton Plus in Moss. She got it at her dollar store for hold your breath--$1 a skein! (Sorry, I had to throw that explanation in for any Alaskans reading that might not know what a dollar store is).

I've had a yearning for a cabled sweater. I thought about making one up, but then I stumbled across Knitty's Samus. The Cotton Plus would be perfect for this. But looking at the yardage, six balls was a smidge too short.

Sadly, the color Moss has been discontinued. So I bought two skeins of Kiwi to do the cuff and waistband.

Look at the pattern. Look at these colors. What do you think? Would it dorkalicious to stick the lighter color as the cuffs and waistband?

100_1926

Surprisingly the colors are pretty darn true to life in this picture.

14 Comments:

Blogger Starfish said...

If dorkilicious is a good thing, then I say yes! I would do it! Perhaps your CASP could find more?

7:12 PM  
Blogger T. Budnik said...

Um, Alaskans DO know what $1 stores are--erm, I mean, $1.29 stores.

-T.

(PS. Stick to one color.)

7:36 PM  
Blogger Bezzie said...

I don't know who CASP is! She never revealed!!!

I guess dorkalicious wasn't the right word--would it look ugly? Stupid? Like I did run out of yarn???

7:48 PM  
Anonymous Birdie said...

Man, even T. is behind the times and she hasn't been gone for that long. It's $1.49 stores! I don't think it would be bad to mix the colors.

8:23 PM  
Anonymous Gene said...

Nice hat and wrap job!! I dig those colours for the sweater, GO FOR IT!

You know who loves dollar stores?? A kid with 5 bucks! They are a king in a kingdom of cheap merch!

8:34 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Love that wrapping job! At least the mother-to-be, Mrs. Addams (like Addams Family!) will have an inkling what to expect. It would be kind of unkind to put it in a pastel gift bag: like putting on your boot in the morning and finding a tarantula inside.

10:03 PM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

I like those two colors together. I think it'll look great!

And if you keep posting pr0n like that, I'm gonna call you a liar for saying you can't do it with your camera.

7:38 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

The wrapping for the spider hat is awesome. I wish I were as creative as you.

I'm gonna say no to the dual colors...Maybe CASP2 can find you more skeins?

8:10 AM  
Blogger Pyewacket said...

I think it will be pretty. I love subtle greens like that.

You can get yarn at dollar stores??!! Holy cow, I need to check that out.

8:44 AM  
Blogger KnitterBunny said...

Hey Bezzie,

Drop me an email and I'll add you to the blog members for the Dutchicans. :)

Kelli

7:55 PM  
Blogger Stacie said...

I like it, and am waiting to hear about Mrs. Adam's reaction!

11:20 PM  
Blogger Rain said...

Hehehe. I would love to see her face when she opens the gift.

I thnk lighter cuff etc would look fine.

6:35 AM  
Blogger Cheesy Knit Wit said...

I think it would look good! I love your gift bag!

9:20 AM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Love the bag/wrapping! I like the two colors...but will look out for moss for you tomorrow! JIC!!

9:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home