Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Can You Get SSS On Purpose?

The Jaywalker.

100_1876

Meh.

This thing sucked up ALOT of yarn. I hope I have enough to yarn to finish sock number two.

It's scrunchy in the ankle. It feels loose. I knit the smallest size.

It's wool. I didn't buy this yarn, but I'm reminded why I don't like wool. I think I'm officially a cotton sock convert.

If I don't finish sock number two, I won't be heartbroken.

Thanks for the kind words on the spider. I hope that I don't get fired giving him as a gift. The stuffed shirt factor at this new office is intense. I sent out an email about books at the bookstore being available behind the counter to cut down on shopliftability. Apparently that was the wrong thing to say. I was told I ought to rethink my emails. To insinuate that the students would shoplift! Oh! Our sweet little students!?! How DARE I even THINK such a thing!

Granted I'm sure if they were shoplifted somehow they would find a way to blame me: "Why didn't you have them put the books behind the counter?!"

Tightasses.

7 Comments:

Blogger Batty said...

I like the socks, but I'm worried about people's results. They're either too tight or too loose, apparently, and I'm still working up the courage to try them.

Yours look nice, though. Maybe they'll shrink with washing. Good luck, both with sock shrinkage and having enough yarn for the second sock!

7:44 AM  
Blogger Cheesy Knit Wit said...

I like the look of the socks, but I'll tell you, when I am knitting socks, I prefer just plain old ss. Mindless socks are more my style.

Surely no one will be offended by the hat. It is too cute! I once worked in the Poly Sci/Public Admin division of UNT, and yes, students shoplift. Sounds like they do not like making suggestions or implementing new ideas. Sorry your job kinda sucks!

8:43 AM  
Blogger Me said...

oh gee, I hate people being so uptight. I myself have a manager just like that...

9:35 AM  
Blogger Stacie said...

I really hate office work! Good luck, and I hope the recipient of the AWESOME hat doesn't have too big a stick in her butt... I am knitting a pair of socks, and am reminded why I don't like knitting socks! I'm not feeling it... ps, need to make some for me mum, and she is wool-intolerant, what's a good cotton sock yarn??

2:49 PM  
Blogger Abigale said...

Hey Bezzie - thanks for leaving a comment on my blog!

I know how you feel about the sucky job thing - I am so ready to quit mine right now, it's not funny! Damn all male co-workers talking about football all friggin day long, and then having everything that goes wrong get blamed on me, when I'm doing 75% of the friggin hard stuff anyway - Not to mention that it's just damn stressful AND stultifying - how does one manage to find a job that sucks this bad? And how have I stayed here this long? (it'll be 2 years since I started next month) sigh.

Sorry - didn't mean to spew so badly on someone else's blog, I guess that's what mine is for.

And I hadn't seen the spider - it's so cute, but not something I would ever give a baby lol - sorry!!

Abi

7:58 PM  
Blogger Starfish said...

A friend told me that the way to cut down on the ankle scrunchie factor is to decrease on every round when doing the gussets...makes them a little hard to put on, but once they are, they fit better. She made me a pair and it seems to be true! I like the jaywalker from the picture..go ahead make the other.

9:00 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Nice job on the sock! Hope you have enough to finish! Too bad about the fit though...

That hat is too cute!

10:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home