Sunday, September 10, 2006

Celebrities

This week's blogstalking assignment is celebrities. My interpretation of the assignment is to create the closest degree between you and some celebrity.

All of my "degrees" inhale deeply.

bezfamily

That's a picture of me and Chunky with published PCB researcher and journal author The Mad Scientist. Ok, so that's kind of a stretch. And anyone who's in academics and research can say they're published authors.

Well, my little brother is in negotiations to be the opening act for Hobo Jim at the Palmer Musk Ox Farm's 20th Anniversary party this month. But if you're not from Alaska, you'll have no idea who Hobo Jim is.

Keeping in the vein of 49th state folk rock troubadours, my college roommate (the first one) went to high school with Jewel. That particular roommate was highly religious and interestingly enough already knew who was going to save her soul.

Moving onto another musical celebrity degree, I can also say that I now work for the department that trained Yolanda Saldivar, more famously known as Tejano music superstar Selena's killer, to be a nurse.

Oh and how can I forget that I'm related to the members of the North Carolina underground sensation Tea Room? I used to be able to beat up their male guitarist. And the bassist is one cool chick. (But aren't all bassists?)

That isn't many pictures though is it? A proper blogstalking assignment involves pictures, not just obscure name dropping right?

So in case you missed it on Penny Karma's Emmy Special blogpost, I'll leave you with my own photo.

bezzie_monroe1

People swear I look just like Marilyn Monroe. I think it's the curlers don't you?

13 Comments:

Blogger T. Budnik said...

HEY! I received an honorable mention for a short story in the Anchorage Daily News creative writing contest! I can't believe you forgot.

-T.

6:25 PM  
Blogger cpurl17 said...

And my photograph made it in a Pleasanton Times feature article on Knitting Clubs. I'll send you an autographed copy...

6:36 PM  
Anonymous kristi and otis said...

That pic is hilarious - What a rack! My sister is also a published scientist - something with microbes or dirt or other and Robert Redford ran into her VX totalling it when she was in NM. I went to the same HS as the chick from the X files and I graduated with a girl who is married to Zach from Saved by the Bell.

6:49 PM  
Anonymous Birdie said...

It's a stretch, but you could have said your youngest sister talked to Rob Corddry about part of his soul being taken when some dude ran off with his card board cut-out.

9:05 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Hmm, my brother does audio electronics stuff and has worked with lots of famous people. But I don't have pictures to prove it.

Mr. SABLE and his brother and the brother's wife are all piled higher and deeper in the sciences, so lots of pubications there.

I used to chat with the local weather guru when I worked at the desk at the Y and he came to play basketball.

I think it would be a stretch for me to make a blog post out of my tangential connections to famous people.

9:26 PM  
Blogger Rain said...

What about you? Celebrated blogger!

4:08 AM  
Blogger Cheesy Knit Wit said...

You are awesome Bezzie. I love that photo! You need to create a button out of that!!!!

8:23 AM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

I used to wait on Tammy Faye Baker. Meh. She likes Diet Cherry Coke.

And I see where Madonna got the inspiration for the famous bullet bra! Go you!

9:02 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Exactly like Marilyn, and it's definitely the curlers. :) You're SO funny.

10:07 AM  
Blogger SuzannaBanana said...

Bez, I bet that's what she looked like before the photos were retouched.

Published authors and musicians? You keep such interesting company!

2:11 PM  
Blogger weezalana said...

Marilyn is alive! Spitting image I tell ya.

8:08 PM  
Blogger Batty said...

Both pictures are awesome. And there's nothing like geeky academic fame. Love it, love it, love it. Being a geeky academic type myself, I understand only too well.

And yes, it's the curlers. Definitely.

12:59 PM  
Blogger OldLadyPenPal said...

well, when i was a little girl we lived in mmission viejo and swam in the pool in which greg lougainis (sp?) swam. the story goes like this: one dai i tripped and fell pool-side and he picked me up. nice!

chunky, you are TOO cute.

11:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home