Thursday, September 14, 2006

Insert Evil Laugh Here

widow abdomen

Muhahahahahaha!

Now all she needs is some legs and a head.

I still need to shore up the stitching on the hourglass because I suck at colorwork. My joins are gapping. I’m thinking this is due to a combination of my poor intarsia skills and the fact the orange yarn is a slightly lighter weight yarn. Hopefully Mrs. Adam isn’t a knitter and won’t know any better!

*************************************************************************************

The poor Mad Scientist. He meets with his boss tomorrow. He’s stressing about it. He says he has four of the six chapters of his thesis completed.

He’s a lot like me, he always assumes the worse when he goes in to meet with his boss. We’ll see what (if anything) she tells him tomorrow.

Chunky turns five at the end of November. If he is here (for good—no counting a visit) by then I’ll be floored. I’m kind of half expecting to spend Christmas without him around.

I’ve also started to entertain the idea he might not get his PhD. This doesn’t bother me as much as I thought it would. Ok, the idea of him wasting six years of his life bothers me, but what’s done is done. And what kind of job does one get when they’re a PhD dropout? I dream about my Canadian Potato Farm more and more every day.

So needless to say, he’s feeling stressed and freaked out. Actually it’s kind of funny. When we were living together, when one of us would reach the brink and break down, the other one was always totally sane and would talk the other one out of it, and vice versa.

We’re still doing the same thing 1500 miles apart. I had my weekly spazz-out at work earlier this week and emailed him on the verge of tears, and he convinced me that life is OK and this job isn’t forever. (It’s been two months and this job isn’t getting any better—why don’t they ever tell you in the interview that the girl in the position before you developed a nasty drinking habit because she caught so much hell for no reason?)

Today it was his turn to freak out and it was my turn to be the sane one.

Funny how you really don’t appreciate a person and what they do for you until they’re gone isn’t it?

7 Comments:

Blogger T. Budnik said...

Dear KBezzie,

That hat is hilarious. It's passive-aggressive taken to a comical level. I'm sure you'll post a picture of it when it's done. And of course, let us know how it goes over.

I'll send good vibes the Mad Scientist's way.

-T.

7:53 PM  
Blogger Starfish said...

Thank goodness marriage works that way, right? Well, sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forwards. I'm sorry life has to be this way for you right now.

8:01 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

The hat's looking good! Let's hope Mrs. Addams, um er Adams, has an appropriate sense of humor.

8:33 PM  
Blogger Rain said...

I love the hat so far. A bit of sewing will hide any gaps. I can't wait to see it when it's finished and would love to be there when you give it to her.

7:41 AM  
Blogger Cheesy Knit Wit said...

Bezzie! I cannot wait to see the finished hat, and would love to be a spider on the wall when you gift it. Take pictures....lots of pictures!

8:22 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

The hat is looking good!

I-cord legs, I cord legs!

Why is I cord called I cord by the way? Weird.

1:48 PM  
Blogger Tactless Wonder said...

You and I must work in the same office...

I asked for a day off for a Dr.'s appt., and even gave them the date, in OCTOBER, no less... They said, with enough time and planning they would consider it.

What does that mean? Hello?

Think "temporary," it helps A LOT.

10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home