Friday, September 08, 2006

Random Meanderings

I'm having a hard time understanding why:

*San Antonians are pissed because they're going to get their second garbage collection day revoked. Now their trash will only be picked up once a week.

They get their trash picked up twice a week? Huh, seeing all the trash on the roads and in the neighborhoods, I would have never guessed. Honestly, who gets their trash picked up twice a week? Spoiled filthy wasteful bastards.

*In the time it takes two University employees to discuss having an electronic version of our letterhead made by sending it out to Graphic Services (for a price) because they can't figure out how they'd be able to scan it and still be able to type a letter on it, I created an electronic version in Microsoft Word.

I swear the level of competence in my new office leaves a lot to be desired.

* Why are we being pressured to donate to a bunch of charities (some of which are religiously affiliated) through payroll deduction at work?

I'm considering donating equal amounts to the following charities to make a point:

Food Allergy and Anaphylaxis Network and The Mother's Milk Bank of Austin
So kids get breastmilk, and the lactose intolerant babies wish they got it.

Prison Fellowship Ministries and Parents of Murdered Children
Support the criminal and their victims!

Vegan Outreach (they promote meat-free lives) and Heifer International (providing food-bearing animals to underdeveloped nations)
This one speaks for itself!

I'm very particular about the charities we donate to and don't appreciate being hasseled at work to donate. And why make the State the middle man in all this? Why can't we donate ourselves directly to the charity(ies) of our choice? It makes me very suspicious.

For those still tuning in at this point--I frogged it. The fingerlets weren't too bad to reattach. I only lost 2 or so stitches.

And finally, because we can't take ourselves too seriously, I give you the following link:

Click here.

Yes, that's my offspring.

10 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

That video is SOOO CUTE! He's a great little dancer. What a charmer.

I wouldn't understand those things either. Wow. Do you feel like you moved down the rabbithole or something?

8:31 PM  
Blogger cpurl17 said...

What a superstar that Chunky one is! And was that voice of Bezzie?

1:10 AM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Heh - I thought the self-same thing cpurl! It's the voice of Bezzie! Woooo! Chunky is too " cute. "Arrow Dancing" eh? Interesting.

They bully us into contributing to United Way every year. But the minute one of our employees needs help and tries to get it from UW - denied. It's stupid.

7:55 AM  
Blogger Starfish said...

Hmmm...I think I see the next winner of America's Got Talent!

Funny we were just asked at work (oh, I'm sorry *encouraged*) to donate to some political organization at work. I was so mad, they don't pay me enough for that crap! How RUDE.

9:41 AM  
Blogger Stacie said...

heehee, where's the music? has he had lessons? was that a "jazz hand"? was up wit Texas? scary, but don't mees wit it! and on the winter eating local thing, yes, I think it would be really cool and educational to see how folks put up food for the winter! great idea!! and yes, p-town has 4 homes for the elderly, so yeah, like Geneseo, but with no hospital! most of the calls go to the homes...

7:22 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Chunky's dancing is adorable!!! So's his momma's voice... :)

7:27 PM  
Blogger Abigale said...

He's a Napolean Dynamite in the making! What a cutie! That really made me smile, thanks for posting the link.

Hey - the company that I work for is pressuring us underpaid employees to donate our pittance of a salary to it! Not only that they're trying to get us to run a marathon in Baltimore of all places! LOL not-for-profits suck!

12:58 AM  
Blogger Rain said...

Chunky is such a cutie.

4:06 AM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Chunky is a cutie! Love the dancing! Not bashful at all huh? :)

BTW, I get hasseled at work too about that. I hate it!

8:57 PM  
Blogger Cheesy Knit Wit said...

At my job place, they used to try to get us to donate to the United Way. we would have to fill out a card checking whether or not we wanted to particpate. Every year I would check the "no" box and place a note on there that stated to give to the "United Kay Foundation". They didn't like that.

8:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home