Sunday, October 08, 2006

Finally Some Knitting!

And a blogstalking assignment.

But first the knitting!

You'll remember I'm participating in a cyber babyshower for Kristi (see the "Warm Up The Dutchians" button in the sidebar--it's late and I'm feeling lazy to directly link!) who will be giving birth to a set of triplet boys shortly.

So on Saturday I started with this:

100_2024

And on Sunday ended up with these:

100_2025

Close up shot!!!

100_2030

Three mini-mite hats. I sized down the Black Widow Baby hat to fit a smaller more newborn head. And they're cute spiders, not black widows!

The yarn is some nice washable acrylic I had in my stash. All I know for certain is that the green is Caron's Simply Soft. The blue I've had forever. The yellow was something I swapped for some Regia sock yarn I had (Gasp! Yes, I swapped sock yarn for acrylic yarn!!)

Ok onto this week's blogstalking assignment: pet-cam. Or what does your pet see?

First up is Springs. He's a 9-ish year old Bengalese something or other. He enjoys a sexy blanket romp, warm laps, eating pony tail holders, antagonizing Squeaky, and hiding in my bedroom at night only to re-emerge and jump on my bed at exactly the point when I lose consciousness.

Springs would see:

100_2014

a wall when he's:

100_2013

sleeping in the kitty bed in the corner of my bedroom between my Commonawannalaya Lamp and the closet.

Next up is Squeaky, a 6 year old barn cat mutt hailing from Portland (Michigan). Her turn ons include a good brushing, hand raping, raw hamburger and chewing the heads off q-tips.

Squeaky likes to hang out:

100_2019

On the back of my computer chair. It's all about being higher than the humans I tell you.

When she's back there, here's what she sees:

100_2020

The back of my head. If you look really closely at the screen you'll see that I'm chatting with The Mad Scientist on MSN Messenger. You'll notice that his chat avatar happens to be Little Pink Nose herself. She's a daddy's girl to the max, although she's really attached herself to Chunky since we left The Mad Scientist.

Off to bed now. Hopefully the aforementioned Springs-cat isn't hiding in the room somewhere!

13 Comments:

Blogger Stacie said...

those hats are sooo freaking cute, and on the heads of triplet boys, aawwwwww! cute kitties too...aaaa...aaa...aaa...choo!

11:26 PM  
Blogger Pyewacket said...

Those hats are extremely cute!

8:25 AM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

The mini-mite hats are awesome! So cute! And nice job on the back-of-the-head shot. I didn't even try.

9:28 AM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Nice job there! Love those mini-mite hats too! :)

9:39 AM  
Blogger cpurl17 said...

I love the mini-spiders! They came out so cute!

That Squeaky is pretty handy with the camera to get such a clear back of the head shot.

11:23 AM  
Blogger Batty said...

I love those spider hats! Thay're fun. And the kitties... if I lived closer, I'd want to come over to give them a cuddle.

4:55 PM  
Blogger Starfish said...

Love the hats! So adorable. Hopefully the recipient will provide pics of them on. Great pet cam shots too. I keep meaning to join the blogstalk thing like all the cool kids...

7:10 PM  
Blogger T. Budnik said...

Dear KBezzie,

If you don't want one of those kitties, I'll take 'em. But, you know that already.

The hats are great. My future children better get some hats like that!

-T.

7:45 PM  
Blogger Bezzie said...

But I thought you were having leprachauns, not babies?

8:06 PM  
Blogger ZantiMissKnit said...

Mini-mites are awesome!!!

8:40 AM  
Blogger weezalana said...

Those mini-mites are TOO TOO cute! And on a set of triplet babies? That is going to be beyond adorable!

2:47 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Those hats are unbearably cute!

Babies first spider hats!

love em.

11:45 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

aww! I love the hats! ANd you cat has some killer green eyes!

5:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home