Sunday, October 01, 2006

Mixed Nuts and Other Randomness

Even though I haven't met a one of them, my cyberbud knittyheads made me laugh many a time over today with their nuttiness. Behold:

Bubbles & Curlers

Aw, shucks girls! You're the best!! Props to Sarah, who appears to the be mastermind behind the whole plot.

Now that it's October and officially the start of ArtSoMoFo Month I figured I would dabble a bit in the artsy fartsy.

Ok, so I'm not a "real" artist. I took four years of art in high school and intended on going to art school after high school until I saw the price tag. I didn't officially join the ArtSoFoMo group because I don't feel I'm a real artist. Call it an inferiority complex or call it being a renegade.

For my "art" I'm taking my inspiration from two things. First, I came across the concept of Artist Trading Cards on another knitter's blog. This seemed like the perfect canvas to create a series of pieces of "art." Second, I've decided to do a series called "My Texas Vacation Nightmare." Figure I might as well get something positive out of this whole experience right? I mean c'mon, I'm probably the only one that voluntarily leaves their husband, moves 1500 miles away, lives as a single mother, and works a mind numbingly boring job for a few months before getting to pack up and move all over again! Ha ha!

So I give you the first in my Artist Trading Card/ArtSoMoFo/My Texas Vacation Nighmare Series:

1st ATC

And yes, that's the picture of us in our wedding announcement that hit the newspaper. An old friend who had connections to the newspaper hooked us up with about 20 copies of the annoucement. The more I destroy now, the more valuable they'll become on eBay when I hit the big time, right?

6 Comments:

Anonymous KnitMongrel said...

HA! Congrats on your Knitty stalkers... I only found out about the plot yesterday, otherwise I would've shown my love with the rest of 'em! Happy October! :)

11:02 PM  
Blogger LadyLungDoc said...

Oooohh, now it makes sense....Love the trading card - although it is creepy how the eyes follow you around

9:46 AM  
Blogger Penny Karma said...

Ok, I LOVE how you put us all together like the Bezzie Brady Bunch!

Your genius knows no bounds.

3:24 PM  
Blogger Rain said...

I love the trading card, it's a cool idea.

I had to do a doubletale at cpurl's avatar.

3:25 PM  
Blogger sgeddes said...

The trading card is so cool! They did a great job!

4:11 PM  
Blogger Stacie said...

that is awesome!!!! would the real bezzie please stand up... I have eminem running thru my mind now! I too dislike that "unfinihsed" feeling... just say no to ufos.

10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home