Thursday, October 26, 2006

Sometimes I Really Hate This Time of Year

Five years ago I was pregnant with Chunky. I was about three weeks away from my due date.

A friend of mine at work had a sister in law who was pregnant and due right around the end of October. Due to what I deem as some poor doctoring, she lost her baby.

Mind you, I never met her sister in law, but I remember the day I came back from lunch to find my coworker at my desk sobbing because she had just received the news from her brother. I remember giving her an awkward hug over my protruding belly.

That event, coupled with her description of the funeral, really shook me up. At the time, I attributed my feelings to the fact that I was pregnant and it just hit way too close to home.

Today, I found out I was wrong.

Remember the mini-mites I made a while ago for a Lansing-area knitter? On my normal blogrounds tonight I read this.

Just like the sister in law of my old coworker, I never had an opportunity to meet Kristi when I lived in Lansing (crappy timing I suppose) but I'm hit yet again with that same feeling I felt when I got back from lunch five years ago almost to the day. Shaken up and helpless.

I wish I had a nice inspirational conclusion to this post. But I don't. It will just have to end at that.

7 Comments:

Blogger Pyewacket said...

I have nothing eloquent to say, but I know EXACTLY the feeling of which you speak. Is there anything more vulnerable than motherhood?

Childhood, perhaps...

8:05 PM  
Blogger cpurl17 said...

Sometimes there are no words.

10:45 PM  
Blogger Linnea said...

Sigh. Sad. Just sad.

2:41 AM  
Blogger Rain said...

That's so sad.

7:32 AM  
Blogger Starfish said...

I was just saying the other day how the infertility blogs seemed to be full of bad news lately, and now this. It's just terrible.

9:15 AM  
Blogger Stacie said...

I hope all goes well with the other two... and the babies and delivered happy and well.

2:39 PM  
Blogger The Fluffy Ewe said...

That is just terribly sad news to read. I think that is the fear of every pregnant woman, the loss of their unborn child. I know it plagued me both pregnancies. Pyewacket hit the nail on the head.

I hope the other two boys arrive safely into the world.

9:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home