Saturday, October 21, 2006

Top Secret Knitting and Haikus

I'm working on the Top Secret Project (hereinafter "TSP"). So I can free up my size 8 DPNs for some baby hats for the baby hat drive Pam's masterminding.

Just a quick and blurry sneak peek:

TSP

I'll be so excited if this turns out well. I'm appreciating all the crap knitwear designers go through. It's a lot of work designing your own stuff!!!

On a different note--only six more days left of interviewing and proctoring potential students!!! I can't believe how much reading I've accomplished proctoring this past week. Oye. Five hours straight a day of basically doing nothing four days a week. I tried writing dirty limericks to keep myself entertained as someone had suggested, but I really suck at limericks.

But I had time to write a few haikus about my proctoring. Prepare to snore!

Stomach rumbling loud.
I had to skip lunch for this.
Starving for students.

***

Dear red-shirted girl,
Please stop furrowing your brow,
Because it will freeze.

***

And this one is totally random--your mind has time to wander when you proctor!

More sex on TV
When your husband is away
And you sleep alone.

I've got another poetry project up my sleeve as well. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a big poetry fan. It always has a feel of presumptuousness to me. Maybe because I'm inherently lowbrow. However, I am a big fan of crafting treasure from trash.

In my Yahoo email account I get spam with the weirdest message titles. No, it's not your normal "Increase Your Bust Size" or "Horny Housewives Looking For A Good Time" type stuff. It's little snippets of phrases, or two seemingly unrelated words put together.

So before I delete them, I've been writing down the subject of these emails. My plan is to string them together into something coherent and somewhat artistic.

I can't wait until The Mad Scientist gets down here. I won't have so much time left to my own devices.

3 Comments:

Blogger T. Budnik said...

I think the last one, as much as I am disgusted, is the best.

Seriously.

-T.

10:47 PM  
Blogger Stacie said...

love the haikus, can't wait to see the finished secret project, can't wait for your Scientist to get home, and can't wait to read your junk email inspired poetry! Who needs soap operas when you can follow (and comment) on real lives! ;D

2:33 PM  
Blogger Pyewacket said...

*falls out laughing*

Very fine haikus lady.

Your junk subject project sounds like playing with those fridge magnet words. I used to have the Shakespearian Insult kit.

7:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home