Friday, October 27, 2006

Ups and Downs

Up:

100_2083

I finished my two hats for Pam's baby hat drive. For those of you that don't know the story behind the baby hat drive, I don't think I'm going to recap it. There's just been a lot of loss going around lately and it's a sad story. At 4:50 p.m. we received an email today that one of the department head's husband had died. Gah. He wasn't that old.

Down:

I wanted to complete another hat, but I need another pair of DPNs. There's a new yarn store opening in San Antonio (Yarnivore) this weekend and I figured that would be the perfect excuse to check it out since Michaels and Joanns do not carry DPNs in sizes smaller than US 10. Where's the down you ask? When I was leaving Chunky's daycare today, I cut the curb and banged my car down something fierce. Something is seriously effed up with my car now. It feels like something is rubbing or grinding on my axel. And when I turn, oh lord! The grinding and clicking is horrible! I'm guessing CV joint, axle--definately something expensive. Why wouldn't it be? I mean can't pay the bills as it is, why would I be given a freaking break now??? I can live without an extra pair of DPNs. (Not to mention the temptation of going into a brand new yarn store!)

Up:

The car problems happened on a Friday. I can take it in tomorrow morning to be looked at instead of having to take time off work.

Down:

I have to wake up at 6:30 a.m. on a Saturday. The place I'm taking it to is first-come-first serve on Saturdays.

Up:

Come hell or high water I WILL buy a pair of pumpkins this weekend for me and Chunkmaster Flash to carve.

Up:

Remember my recycled xmas cards? One of the books, Santa Mouse, had a really cute cover. I felt like I could do something with it rather than throw it out. So I cut the spine off if it and with a little hot glue, paint, clothespins and some ribbon I made this:

100_2079

A cute little xmas card holder! Chunky felt the need to pose next to it. He was in a state of half undress heading into the shower when I snapped this. Maybe he'll be a Playgirl model someday or at the very least grace the cover of some cheap paperback bodice-ripper. (Hm, does that still qualify as an "Up"?)

So hey, whaddya know? The ups outweight the downs in this post. Hooray!

11 Comments:

Blogger Carol said...

Yup, posing on the cover of a bodice-ripper still qualifies as an "up"! Look at the career Fabio made of it! (what a cutie, he'll be breaking hearts all too soon!)

7:39 PM  
Anonymous Knit Mongrel said...

I hope this qualifies as an up...

((((((((Bezzie)))))))))))

We've been having a sad series of losses around here as well - maybe it's just that time of year.

I heard a quote once that seems to lift me up when I'm feeling crappy - "The universe tends to unfold as it should." I know that's not much help when things are at their lowest, but I'm thinkin' about you. Hang in there.

7:45 PM  
Blogger cpurl17 said...

Down:Work was insane this week
Up: It's FRIDAY!!

I hope there's nothing bad wrong with the car. Sending good vibes your way.

8:55 PM  
Blogger weezalana said...

Would that make him Chunkio? Soon to do some Velveeta or I Can't Believe It's Not Butter commercials?

Will cross my fingers and hope the car is okay!

10:01 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Bezzie, I have had the urge to mail you stuff. Send me your mailing address and tell me what size double points you need. That's an order.

10:23 PM  
Anonymous Sarah said...

Hi Bezzie,

Would you please e-mail me at sarah@sarahpeasley.com? I have a question for you. Thank you!

10:37 PM  
Blogger Starfish said...

Yeah, what's with all the Downs out there lately?? I've been to two freaking funerals this week! How do we influence the occurences of UPs?? MORE KNITTING.

11:03 PM  
Blogger Penny Karma said...

Sometimes, the best we can hope for is more ups than downs.

Another up - I'll be down there in less than a month!

P.S. If I could send you pumpkins and a new car, I would.

6:44 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

He's too freakin' cute. :)

8:44 AM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Well, the hats are too cute!

I so hope you get many more "ups" right now! You deserve it! I hope it gets fixed very soon!

11:26 PM  
Blogger Rain said...

Glad there are more ups than downs going on.

Christmas stuff? Out before Halloween!! I can't decide if you're organised or mad.

Have fun with those pumpkins.

5:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home