Friday, November 10, 2006

Do They Make Ritalin For Knitters?

I swear to god, I can't seem to concentrate on one project lately. And they're all small little pissant projects too. Bah! Where's my concentration? Where's my determination? Of course the fact that my Pandora Radio seems to be stuck in an all-punk loop isn't helping my frenetic mood any.

You know those little fakey credit cards you get in the mail with all those godawful credit card applications? I've been saving them for about two years now. Someday I will make something great out of them. I'm just not sure what yet.

But I am making this:

100_2172

I'm not sure what exactly it's going to be yet or if I'll even finish it. But that's 100% alpaca I'm using. What a waste of alpaca huh? On some crazy ass weird-o craft project! Those stacks in the background are the cards I've collected already.

When I was going through my stack of cards, it appears I also have saved old insurance cards, library cards, voter registration cards, and this gem:

100_2174

Holy lord, is it any wonder I never got any wearing those glasses? Oye. That's my junior picture. None of us kids wasted our hard earned money on senior pictures in high school so they recycled my junior picture for my school ID senior year.

Now that I look at my old ID, who else can claim they went to school on Arctic Avenue and had a moose for a high school mascot? (Shut up T!)

Ok, back to attempting to concentrate on one thing at a time!

16 Comments:

Anonymous kristi and otis said...

What about making a hat - ya know like those beer can crochet things? Now THAT would be cool! I also remember some school in Oregon that had a banana slug for it's mascot - but a moose in rather interesting!

10:38 PM  
Blogger OldLadyPenPal said...

Oh the huMANity!

And I kiss you a billion times for turning me on to Pandora radio! I get tired of my piddly iPod library, so this rules.

Viva la fug!

6:50 AM  
Blogger Stacie said...

yeah, a hat! Fakey credit cards are the new beer cans!!

10:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember seeing a woman wearing a dress made out of American Express cards. I don't think she knitted it, maybe she connected them all with jump rings or something. But what a cool use for all those stupid fake cards. But 100% alpaca! I say set the good yarn aside and pick up some fun fur.

(aside here, k & o, it's UC Santa Cruz that has a banana slug as a mascot.)

10:39 AM  
Anonymous Amy said...

Hey...my school didn't even have a street name. Small town, everyone knew where it was. And our mascot was a big black duck.

How pathetic am I, one-upping based on lameness?

11:10 AM  
Blogger cpurl17 said...

I can't wait to see what the Amex comes out to be. A little purse would be cute too!

I used to live near Santa Cruz. Banana slugs are huge.

11:34 AM  
Blogger Tactless Wonder said...

UC Santa Cruz Alumni here.

I just pulled out my old College ID card...No mascot on it, the board of directors had wanted a sea lion or something...as usual UCSC kids rebelled, so there is no mascot on any offical stuff...though lots on t-shirts.

Bezzie, I too am in craft ADD mode. I blame it on the weather.

12:05 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Oh my the glasses!! Reminds me of the pic I put up not too long ago....I still don't get why that was the style....

I can't wait to see what you make out of those cards.

3:38 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Remember the Am Ex ad with Martha Stewart making a giant Christmas tree out of old credit cards?

Anyway, I give the fake ones to Owen. He seems to have a dangerous liking for credit cards, even fake ones.

4:47 PM  
Blogger Starfish said...

Hmmm..what could it be? Using dpns so it's a tube with the bottom a credit card...you've stumped me this time.

6:10 PM  
Blogger T. Budnik said...

Dude, I went to school on a street called Arctic whose mascot was a moose. GEEZ.

Really, you shouldn't tell me to shut up about that. You should tell me to shut up about those glasses. Muhahaha!

Lovingly,
T.

8:59 PM  
Blogger Rain said...

I daren't dig out my school photos, they are far to horrific. I look forward to seeing what you are creating.

7:27 AM  
Anonymous the kitchener bitch (purrl) said...

Oy, you and I had the same glasses in high school!

Those fake credit cards could make an awesome wallet.

8:17 AM  
Anonymous Knit Mongrel said...

Man, if we all got together and displayed our high school photos - oof. Mine are certainly blackmail-worthy. :)

I would totally buy Knitter's Ritalin - I think that's a niche market that has yet to be tapped, for sure. I can never knit one thing at a time... where's the fun in that??

:)

9:54 AM  
Blogger DomesticOverlord said...

I canNOT wait to see what you do with the fakey credit cards.

4:00 PM  
Blogger weezalana said...

LOL! There was a costume designer some years ago who went to the Academy Awards in a dress made completely out of Amex Gold cards. Ah, found a pic -http://theoscarsite.com/whoswho8/gardiner.jpg. I think they auctioned it off later for some insane amount.

I still carry around my college student id since there's no date on it and it sometimes gets me a discount at the movies. :D The photo is laughable, though - the pic is distorted so I look like a hammerhead shark. And my hair barely fits in the picture. :P

4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home