Sunday, November 26, 2006

Finished Objects A Plenty, Finished Objects Galore

Finished objects on the cat and on the floor!

Felting was a success!!!

First up we have the box/dish/bowl/dohickey I felted for my Apple. I don't know what she'll do with it, or if she even needs it, but hey, it's cool and I made it.

000_0046

That's Springsy my furry little model. Check out the way those beads glow! They don't do that in real life, the flash must have done that!

Then I took a page out of Zib's book and lined it with a velour tank top I wore pre-Chunky when I wasn't so well, chunky myself!

000_0047

My handsewing skills leave much to be desired, but I'm able to fake it quite well to the untrained eye, which I know my Apple has!

Next up the Cat Poo Booga Bag!!

000_0050

Beautiful!! I LOVE it! The cat poo accent ended up curling over. But I've decided I like that because I was able to add this and sew the curl over the ugly sides hiding it nicely:

000_0053

A magnetic closure. I had one leftover from when I made my Shrunken Head bag for my youngest little sister last Christmas (they come in packs of two). Pretty professional looking huh?

I also took a page out of Turtlegirl's "It Felt Random" bag floppage solution and popped a piece of illustration board covered with yet some more of the aforementioned black velour glued to it to the bottom of the bag:

000_0055

So deep and dark!

The ornaments I felted also turned out great but I'll post pictures of those once I embellish them up a bit.

Cross your fingers for The Mad Scientist. He defends his thesis tomorrow.

But on the plus side if they don't pass him, it might be just what I need to convince him to immigrate to Canada with me and start our Potato Commune!!

10 Comments:

Blogger Carol said...

A potato commune??!!! I'm there!

10:00 PM  
Blogger Stacie said...

woo hoo potato commune!! Good luck to the Scientist, and I really love the Cat Poo! It's a beaut!!

10:50 PM  
Blogger Sherry W said...

A potato commune? The 'eyes' have it!
(har har har) Good luck Mr. Mad!

Great felting! Whoever gets that bag is one lucky sucka! You may want to leave out the cat puke title on the card, though.

11:44 PM  
Blogger ZantiMissKnit said...

I love that cat poo bag! I'm off to see if you have pics of the shrunken head bag. . .

8:18 AM  
Blogger YarnNinja said...

Luck to him. I can still recall the stomach churning panic I had at realizing "Oh crap, today is THE day." There is a fudge factor of 'let's get this person out of here' when deciding whether or not to pass or fail a thesis. He will do fine.

8:52 AM  
Anonymous Knit Mongrel said...

I LOVE the bag, and I hope the thesis defense went well! If not, enjoy the potato commune... I've been waiting for the DH to agree to move to Tuscany and buy and olive farm, so I'm right there with ya. :) Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

9:11 AM  
Blogger DomesticOverlord said...

Mmmmm potatoes...

12:53 PM  
Blogger Rain said...

They both look fab.

2:42 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Nice work there!!! They both turned out great! :)

9:42 PM  
Blogger Starfish said...

Hey that bag turned out great. And best wishes to Random, let us know how he makes out.

10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home