Wednesday, November 01, 2006

I think I still knit...

...course you wouldn't know it from my last few blog posts. As it stands, I just haven't been working on anything I can either show you or is finished enough to be worth posting about.

Another sweet knitty sent El Chunkito a package full of stickers and little toys and these cool eyepatches:

100_2110

And I'm oooing and ahhing over what else she sent:

100_2115

As some of you recall, I had a brief fling with a spindle. It didn't work out. Karen on the other hand hit it off with her spindle. Her spindlespun stuff was beautiful! She took her love affair with fiber to the next level and bought Lulu her Lendrum.

Since I knew she was more in love with spinning than me and a wheel was in her future, I sent her I think 3.5 oz (I can't remember exactly) of some ho-hum corriedale I had left from my failed attempt to spin to futz around with when she got her new wheel. I didn't expect her to return it to me spun!

I sent it because I didn't need it and I figured she could get good use out of the corriedale as kind of just a training wheel fiber while she got used to her new wheel and started spinning the really luscious fiber.

Boy was I wrong--look at what she did to it! Oh my god it looks amazing!!!! Most of you have probably already seen her last post with the latest stuff she's spun with her new wheel, but if not, click on over there!

It also ocurred to me that I never gave a public shout out to other kind knitties--Penny Karma (who I get to meet in a few weeks!) and her "Welcome To Texas" package and of course TurtleGirl and her ginormous box of oreos for Chunky when we first moved down here (don't worry, it took us like a month and a half to eat them all!) I feel so unworthy!!

But I can't leave off on yet another sappy note now can I? I leave you with the video I made for the Day of the Dead KAL I joined. Remember the little doll I knit back in August? We had a little celebration today.

I apologize to any Spanish speakers in advance. My supreme gringa-ness shines through in this video from my accent to probably my tenses and pronounciation. It reminds me of the presentations we used to have to do in Spanish class in high school, but you get to see what I do with my knitting in my spare time and hear my lovely (ha!) voice even if it's not in English:

14 Comments:

Blogger Stacie said...

I loved the movie, the music rules supreme... I miss the radio stations of the south west! What nice folks there are out here in cyber space!! That's some sweet yarn... and sweet thoughts for you and Chunky too!!

9:07 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Holy cow that got there fast! :) Glad you liked it....I knew the moment it came that I was going to spin it and send it back. I'm just sneaky like that. :P

9:20 PM  
Blogger KnitterBunny said...

awwwww, that was just adorable.

"insert funny comment here" lo siento, nothing funny today ;)

9:40 PM  
Blogger cpurl17 said...

Karen rocks! That yarn is so pretty!


And I loved your video, even tho I didn't understand it. Yeah, I live in Calif and can't speak spanish...

9:49 PM  
Blogger T. Budnik said...

Sweet video. Has your single youtube subscriber seen it? I like the sombrero.

-T.

10:49 PM  
Blogger Rain said...

That video rocked.

Fab package for both of you!

4:39 AM  
Blogger Penny Karma said...

And how jealous is the world that I get to meet BEZZIE??? I am so excited about our impending dream date! We will have to document it for posterity.

Maybe we could rob an LYS and drive off, needles smoking, in a blaze of glory like Thelma and Louisa Harding.

P.S. I posted my Dare story on my blog just now.

7:59 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Awww, the love of the knitties, never fails to impress me.

Those are some wicked cool pirate eye patches!

10:51 AM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Hey, you sounded good to me, then again, I don't speak spanish beyond "Yo Quero Taco Bell."

But I had fun following the bouncing juju doll.

12:02 PM  
Anonymous Kathy said...

That was incredible. I laughed, I cried, I learned something!
Wonderful!

2:31 PM  
Blogger DomesticOverlord said...

Que maravilloso! Mucho gusto el juju de bailar.

Seriously, I watched this like 10 times and everytime I about died laughing. The dancing just goes on and on. HA!

2:44 PM  
Blogger Tactless Wonder said...

I thought the Mexican Juju Hat Dance was FAB!

No importa que tu espanol no es perfecto! It's always the thought that counts. That's how my family has ALWAYS been around all the gringo boyfriends I've ever brought home...

3:03 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Very cool stuff! Tried to watch the vid, but I have a very "Alaskan" internet connection. Thanks for all the kind comments on my blog- you seem to be the only one who comes and visits my flaky never-posting ass anymore ;-)

7:06 PM  
Blogger Starfish said...

Very cute! And I think I understood everything! Colombia here I come!

9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home