Sunday, November 05, 2006

Stuff

Bah, what a weekend. I was soooo psyched for it. On Saturday we were going to run errands and on Sunday we were going to go to the airshow they were having at Lackland this weekend. It was free and I so wanted to take Chunky to it. We were going to wake up our normal time (7:00 a.m.--yes, even on weekends), pack a lunch, throw the lawnchairs in the trunk and head out to Lackland. When I was a kid, every summer we'd go to the airshow they held at Elmendorf AFB. I remember it being particularly boring but now that I'm an adult I thought it would be fun. Plus it would be good exposure for Chunky. I remember when I was attending college in Juneau and the town practically shut down when a C-130 landed at the airport for three hours. Everyone was so excited. I didn't really understand the excitement since they always had C-130's you could walk through at the annual airshow.

But then last night, my phone and internet went dead. I couldn't revive them. Usually if I reset the box, unplug the box, swear profusely at the box and it comes back to life. So I called the cable company pissed off. This is NOT the first time this has happened--I've got the cable company's phone number memorized for crying out loud.

Finally the service representative I spoke to (and why the other 10 service representatives I spoke to about this problem in the past didn't suggest this, I'll never know) said he was going to send someone over to look at it. They would be here today between 12:00 and 4:00 p.m. Sigh. So no airshow for us. But if I choke on dinner at least Chunky will be able to dial 911.

ETA: Well kids here's my advice: NEVER GET DIGITAL PHONE. Yeah they fixed it and it works, but now the phone number is wrong. I just called my cell phone with it, and somehow they managed to cross the lines. I've got some named Laura's phone number. So now I'm on hold for 25 minutes so I can talk to someone to get it fixed. Fuck me.

At least next weekend we have Kid N' Ewe and Llamas Too next weekend in Boerne. Chunky got pooped on by a cow last summer at a milk festival. We'll see if he can't add sheep and/or llama poop to his repetoire. Plus some of the Austin knitties will be there. Hopefully we can meet up for a bit. Kid N'Ewe is free admission too. And due to my cheapskatedness, I probably won't be purchasing much.

But I have done a bit of knitting. I'm still working on the Top Secret Project. It's coming along. I'm at a really boring part of it right now but hopefully in the next two weeks I'll have it done and ready to unveil.

I also am twiddling around with the corridale that Karen sent me.

100_2126

I hope it turns out. What is "it"? Well I'll let you know if "it" turns out okay!

And then finally last night I did a dangerous thing.

100_2127

I swatched for the Corded Yoke Pullover. I swatched it in Caron's Simply Soft. The swatch came out dead on. It's probably a sign. Of course I wouldn't do it out of that color. I have my eye on a deep green in the same yarn I saw at Wally's World yesterday. I think a trip to the ghetto mall might be in order to see if Shitty Joanns has any in stock. I've got some reward gift certificates from my Joanns Visa Card that I need to use up and a 40% off coupon.

I really should cast on for Seamus, but a superstitious neuroses is holding me back. I don't even want to explain it lest I jinx myself. What can I say. I probably have issues.

(And Birdie, if you're reading this, yes, that is the Magic Afghan and yes, you still get it when I die. In addition to cat-calming powers, it also has sex appeal. Springs has made that afghan his bitch on more than one occasion.)

13 Comments:

Blogger T. Budnik said...

Man, I forgot we called that the Magic Afghan. Wasn't it Binky that loved it so?

-T.

5:15 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Waiting patiently to see what "it" is. I hope it's not a big ass spider....that was a disappointment.

5:52 PM  
Anonymous Gene said...

Ah yes, digital telephones...a good idea in theory, but the technology really needs to evolve a bit more before it is worth a damn. But then again, I am biased.

6:53 PM  
Blogger cpurl17 said...

If bird pooping on you is good luck, maybe a sheep pooping on you will bring gifts of yarn.

That sweater is going to look great on you. You must make it Luke, it is your destiny. Maybe someday my IK will arrive and I can see the photo up close, sigh.

7:43 PM  
Anonymous Dr. Purl said...

I know what you mean about the digital phones! Sorry to hear it is a pain in the ass. If you ever make to Sheboygan, let me know.

7:49 PM  
Blogger Starfish said...

Ugh the cable company. We ALWAYS have problems and you know what the worst part of it is? My husband WORKS FOR THEM. Bah.

8:30 PM  
Blogger The Fluffy Ewe said...

I must be one of the minority here cuz me lo ves my digital phone.

You know everytime I say or write Wally World, someone always asks me "what is that?". Thank the Lord someone else uses that phrase, too. :)

I'm working a scarf in Caron Simply Soft and it ain't too shabby for being from Wally World!

8:47 PM  
Blogger Rain said...

I'm sorry Bezzie, I had a comment all worked out up until I read the bit about Chunky being pooped on. Now I can't stop laughing. Oh the poor boy.

Very pretty sweater BTW. It's definitely a sign that you should make it.

5:53 AM  
Blogger Linnea said...

The mysterious Super Top Secret project, combined with "it", makes me think if you're trying to kill us with suspense.

Maybe you'll start getting interesting phone calls for this Laura individual - mystery novel material or something. But yeah, grr. I can't believe we PAY people to mess up our internet/telephone service on a weekly basis.

7:25 AM  
Anonymous Amby said...

I'm glad someone else in the world thinks the Corded Yoke Pullover is cute...I was thinking about making it in a deep ruby red to wear to holiday parties, but alas, I don't think I'll get to it in time...instead I'll just watch you make yours!

7:57 AM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

You should skip the Simply Soft and make it out of plastic bags or bread bag ties. Now THAT would be one helluvan art project.

10:15 AM  
Anonymous Knit Mongrel said...

I have my cable company's phone memorized. Ever notice how technology actually makes our lives harder? Bah humbug.

SO jealous that your swatching from IK - I'm still patiently (yeah, right) staring at my mailbox... can't wait to see that sweater once you've got it going!

10:44 AM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Yay for you on the gauge!! Go for it!

11:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home