Saturday, November 25, 2006

Tagged

I've got nothing to blog about or pictures to post until my adventures in felting tonight with the laundry. Do you think my coworkers will mind if the Cat Poo Booga Bag gets felted alongside Chunky's Spongebob Underpants? Hee hee, it's gross if you think about it, but there's hot water and soap involved right?

So I'll do Turtlegirl's meme since I haven't done one in a while.

A) Four jobs I have had in my life:
1. Administrative Assistant
2. Legal Secretary
3. Popcorn Pusher
4. Office Automation Clerk

B) Four movies I would watch over and over
1. Old School
2. Office Space
3. Anchorman
4. Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back (really any Kevin Smith movie sans Jersey Girl)

C) Four places I have lived
1. Palmer, AK
2. Ft. Collins, CO
3. Lansing, MI
4. San Antonio, TX

D) Four TV shows I love to watch:
1. My Name is Earl
2. The Office
3. Scrubs
4. Six Feet Under (that's all Penny K's fault there...)

E) I have been on vacation:
1. Kalispell, MT
2. Sleeping Bear Sand Dunes National Park, MI
3. Richmond, VA
4. Everywhere in Alaska you can drive to.

F) Websites visited daily:
1. Knitty Forum
2. adn.com
3. lsj.com
4. Bloglines


G) Four of my favorite foods:
1. Kung Pao Chicken (spicy!)
2. Authentic Mexican food
3. My homemade mac n'cheese w/kielbasa
4. Straight up cheese


H) Four places I would rather be right now:
1. Lansing, MI (for the husband-factor only)
2. Palmer, AK
3. Somewhere with snow
4. Potatania, Canada


I) Four people I’m tagging with this questionnaire:

Tell you what, I'll let y'all off the hook but I'm going to tag you in a different way--tell me what your all time favorite holiday song of all time is.

I dug out my Christmas music last night. My collection is small and I'd like to make it my goal to add one CD a season. Thanks to the joy of the internet, I can download songs now for relatively cheap and get the songs I like instead of having to buy a CD with songs I already have/don't like. The cheesier the song, the better.

My favorite? It would have to be Barbra Streisand's version of Jingle Bells. There's just something freaking hilarious about a Jewish woman singing Christmas carols. (Yes I realize Jingle Bells isn't overtly Christmas-y, but the rest of the CD that song is on is!)

13 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

I like Charlie Brown Christmas. Otherwise, I'm not much into "holiday" music, and I think I'd have to run screaming if I heard Barbara Streisand caroling. Guess it is all about the moola!

10:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the Christmas song where the Sweedish Guy does his version of "The Night Before Christmas". It is on DR Demento's Christmas Album. That cd is full of the funniest Christmas songs! Most of the funny songs from the Reader's Digest Christmas Through the Years is on that album. Love, Mom

10:52 AM  
Blogger Sherry W said...

From a Star Wars Christmas record, "Christmas in the Stars" sung by C3P0!

I love "Count Your Blessings Instead of Sheep" from White Christmas.

1:39 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

hmm. I like "All I want for Christmas is you". Of course that baby it's cold outside song. I also like "Last Christmas" by George Michael. I really like all the jazzy xmas songs too!

3:42 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Definitely Nat King Cole's Merry Christmas to you. I would think Jingle Bells is a Christmas song, it's the only time of year the jocks play it;)Streisand Christmas ~snort~That IS funny.

4:45 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Somewhere where there is snow! I so agree with you Bezzie! :)

Sniff...maybe that's why White Christmas is on the top of my list!

4:59 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

The cheesy ones: Grandma got runover by a reindeer, and Dominic the Donkey. "Real" songs? I really like Drummer Boy.

6:28 PM  
Blogger Elspeth said...

Mine is "Santa Baby", by either Eartha Kitt or Madonna. Or "Christmas Wrapping" by the Waitresses. I heard a lot of Christmas music when I worked in retail

7:30 PM  
Blogger Tactless Wonder said...

So one year a friend of mine moaned about how she HATED Handel's Messaiah, et al, as her hubby played it on permanent repeat as he wrapped gifts...so (thank you internet) I went download happy and found as many alternative xmas jingles as possible and filled a cd or 2 for her with them. There is NOTHING like hearing the Smashing Pumpkins, Sting, or Pearl Jam sing about xmas. My favorite? Heh, a tie: "Santa Claus and His Ole' Lady" by Cheech & Chong, and "Xmas by Myself" by The Waitresses. I wonder if I still have them all...

8:03 PM  
Blogger cpurl17 said...

I'm a major Christmas music geek. I already have my car radio on the "Sounds of the Season" station.

My all time favorite classic is "Silent Night". My favorite cheesy one is "Christmas By Myself"

11:05 PM  
Blogger Penny Karma said...

Vic Damone's Marshmallow World has always been my favorite. But I also find Neil Diamond's Christmas Album amusing for the same reason you find Barbra's Christmas album amusing.

4:21 PM  
Blogger DomesticOverlord said...

Despite my overtly Christian surname I wouldn't count myself among their masess but I do love me some Christmas music. I think my favorite Christmas song to listen to would have to be "The Carol of the Bells" because it's so intricate and impressive.

Now, my favorite one to sing is "O Holy Night" because, honestly, who doesn't love to belt that one out when they're all alone and no one can hear you?

12:57 PM  
Anonymous Birdie said...

Hey, my roommate is from Kalispell, MT!
My favorite xmas song is O Holy Night. And I'm partial to God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen. Funny how my favorite Christmas songs are religous, and I am not.

4:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home