Wednesday, December 27, 2006

2006 FO Round Up

When I moved down here and set up my new computer I started a separate folder of all my knitted 2006 finished objects (hereinafter "FO").

I thought it would be cool to see them all together at the end of the year. As there are five days left of the year (including today), I've compiled five mosaics of my FO.

Yes, it will be kind of boring to read, but this is a knitting blog after all. I won't cry myself to sleep if you just look at the pretty pictures and click on your merry way!

Off we go!

2006 Socks

Socks!!!

From Left to Right:
1. My Swedish Clown Cotton Socks--These are the socks where I became a 3 needle bind off toe convert. I brought them on me on my interviews in San Antonio in June. I forgot my yarn needle and it dawned on me I didn't need it--I merely turned them inside out, bound them off, and never looked back!

Yarn: Marks & Kattens Clown
Pattern: Just a simple broken rib

2. Another pair of cotton socks. I love cotton socks. The yarn for these was part of my first yarn purchase in San Antonio at the infamous Yarn Barn.

Yarn: Plymouth Sockotta
Pattern: Stockinette baby!

3. I jumped on the Jaywalker bandwagon about a year after the first wagon took off. I gifted these to my Yankee Candle pushing Aunt after we spent a weekend with her in Dallas when she was in town for a trade show and she couldn't get over how cool these socks were. I nearly finished the first one that weekend with her.

Yarn: Opal Petticoat
Pattern: Jaywalkers (duh)

4. My VERY first pair of socks! Oh man they suck. The heels blow, the cuffs are too short (I was afraid of running out of yarn) and the toe grafting sucks monkey butts. The toe graft is giving way and there are holes forming in the toes. Easily fixable, but it adds to their newbie charm.

Yarn: Reggio Exclusive
Pattern: Simple 2X2 rib cuff

5. Die German Socken! My brother (the hunky one y'all seem to drool over) married a German girl in January 2006. Shortly after they set the date for their wedding Herrschners had a kick ass sale on Regia Nation yarn in the German flag colorway. I bought six balls. Yeah, I went a little crazy. I made this pair, a pair for my mother in a pattern called "Toe The Line" (I never took a picture of those ones completed), and I swapped the final two balls for some yellow acrylic yarn. I really wanted to go to their wedding and even went so far as to secure me and Chunky passports. Alas, my indentured servitude to The Man prohibited me from going.

Yarn: Regia Nation
Pattern: Another simple 2X2 rib

9 Comments:

Blogger Carol said...

That's alot of socks for a year! In my best Mr. Burns voice, Excellent!
Love the snow!

9:23 PM  
Blogger cpurl17 said...

I'm in sock awe. Wonder if I could bribe you to fix my Dad's too big sock and make the matching sock.

9:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

THAT SNOW IS COOL! Howdya do it? Are ya gonna post some mac and yellow on 1-5?? Love the sock fest, and how can showing off FOs be boring?? Bring it!

9:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I LOVE my German socks! And I wish that I had those jaywalker socks! That sister of mine is soooo lucky!! And what about all the other things that you made? I know there are a lost more things. Love, Mom

9:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet sassy socklasses!

10:21 PM  
Blogger weezalana said...

Sock sucking monkey butts - if I ever form a band that will SO be the name of our first song.

Nicely done on all, even the newbie pair! Hmmm, maybe I should learn that 3-needle bindoff.

7:43 PM  
Blogger Rain said...

Serious sockage. I like the purple and pink cotton ones best.

2:05 PM  
Blogger Rain said...

Serious sockage. I like the purple and pink cotton ones best.

2:06 PM  
Blogger Bufanditas said...

I hope I knit at least half of the socks you finished. I agree with rain, the second socks are my favorites.

5:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home