Saturday, December 23, 2006

For Your Reading Pleasure

One of the bonuses of not having to travel anywhere or entertain any incoming relatives I get to keep on knitting and blogging. Woo!

I hope the snow is showing up on here. It's not snowing in real life sadly. Instead it's raining like a cow peeing on a flat rock here in San Antonio which is GREAT! Hey, if I can't have a white Christmas I will settle for a cold, gray, soggy one!

I was tagged by Lisa and Erin. It's the six weird things about me. Hey, I know you hate reading memes but it's the holiday season and the blogging is sparse right now. (All these people with real lives!)

So here goes:

1. I don't like picking up pennies on the ground that are face down. I will flip a face down penny and if it face up when I pass it again, I'll pick it up. Chunky won't pick up face downers either now. Hee hee!

2. I've gone by my middle name my entire life. My first name is Rebecca. People always shorten it to Becky without asking. There's only one person I don't mind calling me that, because she's older and sweet. Everyone else is a jackass for calling me Becky without asking.

3. By the time I hit 12th grade all the attendance sheets ever listed was "R. Kaye." As a result, I had the Palmer High Class of 1996 seniors on the football team convinced my first name was "Ralphina." When they called my name at graduation as "Rebecca" they thought I provided that name to spare myself the shame of the weirdness of Ralphina.

4. I have never used more than a simple cast on for knitted projects. Even when it asks for a cable cast on, long tail, etc. Why fix what isn't broken?

5. I keep my childhood blankie ("Fidget") in my pillowcase and fidget with it at night. Fidget is nearly 30 years old now.

6. I secretly hope that someday I go blind. If I go blind I'll pick out the UGLIEST (at least I can hope because I won't be able to see them) sunglasses and when people stare at the weird chick wearing the ugly sunglasses indoors they'll feel bad about staring at a blind girl. Same goes for if I ever go completely bald--I'm getting a bitchin' tattoo all over my skull. People won't be able to not stare!

I won't tag six other people, but since she's my sister, and I'm the older sister, I'll tag T. to put six weird things on her blog. Ha ha, like that will be hard!

Ok, so if you made it through that stimulating reading you get a picture reward!

100_2427

That's a fingerless mitt my mother requested for Christmas. Guess what? She's not getting it for Christmas. Therefore, it's not a surprise.

I'm fondling some yarn that Amy sent me along with some wild rice for my stuffing on Christmas (I'll probably take a picture of that too--weird thing #7: I like to take pictures of food I've made). It's STR in "Mustang Sally." Wasn't that sweet of her?

Mom's mitts there are made of a Lorna's Laces worsted weight in "Lakeview" that I won in the cyber baby shower thrown for Kris.

I hope anyone still around reading this has a happy holiday! I'll be busy tomorrow doing all the cheapass pre-baking and Monday doing the real cooking. I'll be posting my Cheapass Christmass finale on Tuesday since I have that day off too.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, things are mighty quiet in Blogland and on Knittyboard. Those of us who don't travel or receive guests need to think up ways to pass the long hours.

My hours were made longer today, because the LE awoke at 5 a.m. Grrr. Just warming up for Monday, I suppose.

9:52 PM  
Blogger cpurl17 said...

Merry Christmas Bezzie, Mad Scientist and Chunky! It's all going buy so fast...

11:36 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

I'm here. Just finished baking cookies. I feel like I gained 50lbs in tired weight. It's mighty quiet here, almost scary. Must be some kinda holiday or something. Is there something wrong with having a blanket for 30yrs?Merry Christmas to you and your family & thanks for the inspiration & great reading!

11:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok! I think that I knew most of those six things about you! Idon't think that I knew that you had your whole fidget with you I thought that you only had a piece of it and through out the rest. I guess you could say that was my first attempt to quilt! Merry Christmas everyone! Love, Mom

11:54 PM  
Blogger Tactless Wonder said...

My blankie is going to be 33 this spring...I keep it very close now, as I almost lost it to my little brother when I went away to college; he was only 3 months old then, but ummm, it was MINE FIRST! (Okay, that's my #7.)

BTW, with the mexican question, tee hee, just tell them you're bilingual...and that you want Chunky to be. It will leave them dazed and confused, but really, what's it to them!

Or, like the solution to the "are you knitting a scarf?" question when you're in the middle of binding off the toe of a sock, just say "yes" and walk away. I'm so pale I glow in the dark, and am full-blown 100% mexicana, so if I can be, so can you. :)

12:49 AM  
Blogger Penny Karma said...

Where's that fingerless mitt pattern? Those are cute!

P.S. Was it hard to narrow it down to only six weird things abut yourself? (Ha! I keed.)

I'm so glad TMS,PhD is there with you as you celebrate Christmas is Texas! Merry Merry from the Karmas.

8:04 AM  
Blogger AR said...

My mom, my sisters, my dd, and I all do #1, but yeah, your #6 is weird. hehe

Have a Merry Christmas too! :)

8:37 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

It's supposed to rain here as well, but not cold rain. I feel ya on the pennies except I won't flip them because then I kind of picked it up. ;)

12:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas, Bezzie!

My childhood blankie is also still around... only it's not even a blankie, it's a piece of fabric I somehow came to love dearly when I was 3. Who knows why?

Beautiful colors, both on the sock yarn and on the fingerless mittens!

5:38 PM  
Blogger Roxy said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS BEZZIEEEEEEEE

Many hugs to you and your family

xoxoxoxo
Anne

7:59 PM  
Blogger weezalana said...

Ralphina!!! LOL!!!!

I have a pillowcase that's about as old as me. It's completely faded and falling apart, but I can't bear to toss it. Making it a fidget is a great idea, might have to do that!

12:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home