For Your Reading Pleasure
I hope the snow is showing up on here. It's not snowing in real life sadly. Instead it's raining like a cow peeing on a flat rock here in San Antonio which is GREAT! Hey, if I can't have a white Christmas I will settle for a cold, gray, soggy one!
I was tagged by Lisa and Erin. It's the six weird things about me. Hey, I know you hate reading memes but it's the holiday season and the blogging is sparse right now. (All these people with real lives!)
So here goes:
1. I don't like picking up pennies on the ground that are face down. I will flip a face down penny and if it face up when I pass it again, I'll pick it up. Chunky won't pick up face downers either now. Hee hee!
2. I've gone by my middle name my entire life. My first name is Rebecca. People always shorten it to Becky without asking. There's only one person I don't mind calling me that, because she's older and sweet. Everyone else is a jackass for calling me Becky without asking.
3. By the time I hit 12th grade all the attendance sheets ever listed was "R. Kaye." As a result, I had the Palmer High Class of 1996 seniors on the football team convinced my first name was "Ralphina." When they called my name at graduation as "Rebecca" they thought I provided that name to spare myself the shame of the weirdness of Ralphina.
4. I have never used more than a simple cast on for knitted projects. Even when it asks for a cable cast on, long tail, etc. Why fix what isn't broken?
5. I keep my childhood blankie ("Fidget") in my pillowcase and fidget with it at night. Fidget is nearly 30 years old now.
6. I secretly hope that someday I go blind. If I go blind I'll pick out the UGLIEST (at least I can hope because I won't be able to see them) sunglasses and when people stare at the weird chick wearing the ugly sunglasses indoors they'll feel bad about staring at a blind girl. Same goes for if I ever go completely bald--I'm getting a bitchin' tattoo all over my skull. People won't be able to not stare!
I won't tag six other people, but since she's my sister, and I'm the older sister, I'll tag T. to put six weird things on her blog. Ha ha, like that will be hard!
Ok, so if you made it through that stimulating reading you get a picture reward!
That's a fingerless mitt my mother requested for Christmas. Guess what? She's not getting it for Christmas. Therefore, it's not a surprise.
I'm fondling some yarn that Amy sent me along with some wild rice for my stuffing on Christmas (I'll probably take a picture of that too--weird thing #7: I like to take pictures of food I've made). It's STR in "Mustang Sally." Wasn't that sweet of her?
Mom's mitts there are made of a Lorna's Laces worsted weight in "Lakeview" that I won in the cyber baby shower thrown for Kris.
I hope anyone still around reading this has a happy holiday! I'll be busy tomorrow doing all the cheapass pre-baking and Monday doing the real cooking. I'll be posting my Cheapass Christmass finale on Tuesday since I have that day off too.