Friday, December 01, 2006

Friday Night & Other Randomness

Another Friday night, and I ain't go nobody, I got some money cuz I just got paid...

With apologies to Sam Cooke. Yes, I know the song is "Saturday night"; that I do have someone (I've got Chunky--and Dr. Mad Scientist, even though he's not technically here); and while today was payday, (I only get paid monthly) that money is already spoken for.

The blogstalking assignment this week is "Friday night" and what you do on Friday night to get ready for the weekend.

First, I come home and kill ants.

000_0093

A crappy picture, yes, I know, but you try to take pictures of ants in their death throes!

Lots of ants. Ants on the baseboard coming from Chunky's room (they used to come in through the window, but today I couldn't figure out where they were coming from) to the kitchen. Sigh. It's either too hot here and they come inside, or today it's too cold (yes people--I got to scrape ICE off my windshield this morning. I nearly peed my pants in joy.) and they come inside. I can't win for losing with the damn things. Luckily my magic formula of 1 capful of ammonia plus 20 oz of water does a great job of killing these bastards. Plus I probably have the most disinfected baseboards in this county.

Then I have dinner with Chunky. Friday is leftover night. Which is usually leftover hamburger or tuna helper. Tonight was tuna helper.

000_0092

Gross. Don't look at the inside of my microwave. Maybe this is why I have ants. Granted they aren't ever in the kitchen nearly as much as they on the freakin' baseboards everywhere else!

And then yeah, that's about it. I'll probably pop in a movie and curl up with my Kool Aid Cables. Someone please kick me the next time pick a cabled project as a gift. I knit and knit and knit and have like two inches to show for it. Sigh.

Moving on to other randomness. I completely forgot to post pictures of my evening with the one and the only Penny Karma from last week.

Here she is with two of her three "apes":

100_2251

That's Beeb and Pie (hee!). Chunky confided to me as we were leaving for the evening that Beeb was his favorite--hee hee! Never mind that Tito and Pie are closer in age to him.

The evening went well. I may have made a comment about trying to recruit Penny's kids to work in my closet knitwear sweatshop with my pygmy marmosets--I can't remember exactly. But things got a bit out of hand:

100_2253

Before she left, I gave her the Top Secret Project I was working on. A rattlesnake scarf. Because it actually gets cold where she lives and hey, what's more "Texas" than a rattlesnake? Well ok, maybe ant infestations, but that wouldn't make a really cool scarf.

Rattler

And here he is frolicking in the oregano that a stray cat in the neighborhood (now dubbed Mr. Pizza Butt) now sleeps in at night:

100_2234

Pretty cool huh? Yeah not really. I submitted him someplace after I searched the internet for something similar. You know, just to make sure that I wasn't stepping on any toes. Yeah well Penny brought this to my attention. I swear to all things holy that pattern is brand new and wasn't on there when I searched. But I could be a doofus.

Oh well, even though they are very similar scarves, my scarf is better. It has a rattle built into the tail that truly makes noise; the colorings are based on an actual Timber Rattlesnake; my snake could truly swallow you with his mouth; he has "scales"; mine doesn't look felted; and my scale pattern doesn't continue to the belly--he's got a true smooth snake belly.

I haven't heard back from the place I submitted him to. I figured he'd be rejected anyway but it doesn't hurt to try right? But now I'm convinced he'll be rejected and thus my revealing of the Top Secret Project. It's just too uncanny how much these two resemble each other. What are the chances?

22 Comments:

Blogger Pyewacket said...

That Chunky -- quite the ladies' man!

That is a cool scarf. Rattlesnakes freak me the hell out, but I'm quite charmed by the texture of the scales.

Okay, I may be deranged, but it just occurred to me that you could make children's legwarmers as 2 snakes devouring the child from the ankles up. "Oh gee, it's up to my knee!"

9:32 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Your snake is way cool! Well, I guess it's PK's snake now.

After your Cheap Ass Xmas book, you'll have to publish Bezzie's Ghoulish Knitted Menagerie.

9:43 PM  
Blogger cpurl17 said...

Cool scarf! Looks like you had a great time with PK and the "apes"--you even wore matching purple shirts.

9:56 PM  
Blogger Bezzie said...

Pyewacket! The whole time I was knitting it I was thinking "Oh heck! It's up to my neck!" LOL!

10:05 PM  
Blogger The Fluffy Ewe said...

You scraped ICE, not frost? Wow, we didn't have that here in Ohio. It was 60 this morning but it's in the 20's now. Brr...

LOVE the snake scarf. Your's is tons better than that other wannabe snake scarf. The scales are a great touch. :)

10:59 PM  
Blogger T. Budnik said...

Sweet snake.

-T.

11:41 PM  
Blogger Tactless Wonder said...

Awesome scale detail on your snake. I like yours better, I can so clearly see me bonking myself with the morehouse's tail. Safety first!

1:54 AM  
Blogger Poops said...

I too am in the camp of "I like your rattler better," and not just because you're the Bezz and you ROCK!

I would like a reticulated python, personally. I have a big neck...

7:05 AM  
Anonymous kristi and otis said...

Cool scarf - looks more friendly than the one that used to greet me every morning in my work parking lot in AZ as he went out for his morning sun bake ;)

7:38 AM  
Blogger Sherry W said...

I like your snake so much better!

8:32 AM  
Blogger Alisha said...

I am sorry about the whole ant thing. Every once and awhile they find their way into the house here too. I'd rather ants then mice.

I love the scarf. It is great and the whole really rattle thing rocks!!!!

9:05 AM  
Blogger LadyLungDoc said...

I can't believe that they stole your pattern.

Bastards.

9:35 AM  
Blogger mf said...

Great scarf! Love it!

11:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey why should your nuker be any different from the rest of ours! Glad that you, Chunkie, PK and "The Apes" had a good time. As for the snake that is one cool snake! And, Yes I like yours better. Did you get the music? Your Father is retired here and had nothing to do. Hope that explains it. He almost did my whole collection. Love, Mom

12:04 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Awesome scarf! Love it! You guys looked like you had fun! I like the suggestions you've been getting for your future book writings too!! Go for it!!

3:43 PM  
Blogger sgeddes said...

Your snake rocks! The texture of the scales is really cool. Much better than that cheap knock-off!

4:30 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Chunky likes older women, so he seems to be right on track;) Don't worry bout the snake, yours is really cool! I forget where I read it, but 1. If you get an idea, act on it fast cause you can bet 10 other peeps just got the same idea. 2. If there's at least 3 differences in your design, it IS different period. Way cool that yours rattles & good luck on publishing!

5:51 PM  
Blogger ZantiMissKnit said...

The first time I saw that "other" rattlesnake pattern/kit was at Rhinebeck, and I've seen ads for that place in mags before, but not with that kit until very recently. Does that make any amount of sense?

Oh, and your comment about ZMrK's tongue: :-D

6:52 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Yum. Tuna Helper. Sounds yummy. I'll let you in on a flakey moment of mine: I looked at your microwave and thought "hey that looks like my microwave!". Then I realized all microwaves look the same on the inside. LOL. That all happened in the span of a nano-second. I think too fast! LOL.

I love your snake scarf. Definately cooler! You and Penny Karma both wore purple shirts! Coincidence?
Happy Fridays!

7:00 PM  
Blogger Batty said...

What gets me is that you're both wearing purple tops!

And killing ants is great. We had some in our kitchen last summer, and they nearly drove me insane. I used to go after them in a true berserker rage!

7:27 PM  
Blogger OldLadyPenPal said...

Bez, can I come visit you?

8:55 PM  
Blogger Rain said...

I way prefer your scarf. I think it's fantastic. Hope it gets accepted. I always chance my luck as the worst they can do is say no.

5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home