Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Kindness of Strangers

Alright, I can't wait til she gets back from vacation!!! I have to make this my official "Thank You" post to Sherry.

She targeted me as the victim of a Sneak Attack Santa. She explained in the letter she enclosed that this is something she does every year--selects a person to "attack." It's a really cool idea and I'm a thinking I might have to adopt it!

First off she enclosed a cool sock pattern to go with:

100_2312

Check out those colors! She didn't say where it was from, but I have a sneaking suspicion it might be a product of her relationship with Lenny (her wheel!)

Oh it gets better, she also included these:

100_2311

What the hell are those you ask? Why they're double point needle protectors! Imagine there's a sock on those needles. Now imagine that sock shoved into my knitting bag for some pre-work and lunchtime knitting. Now imagine my needles staying nice and orderly and not falling out when I'm knitting said sock! After Christmas I'm so casting on a pair of socks for me!

You like? Go check out her Etsy shop. I've seen those things retail for a lot more that are hella ugly. Her's are gorgeous!

She also included a little something for Chunky in there too.

Later I will detail something else that came in the mail around the time of Sherry's attack hit.

WARNING: Sap Alert--Level Five--Amber Alert! (get it, "sap"? "amber"? Hm, I'm probably the only one laughing.) I still shake my head in amazement at the kindness of fellow knitters. Bah, I got a tad teary when I opened that "attack."

All of it has got me thinking. I've got this kick ass quasi-charity project I'd like to do at the beginning of the new year...but in typical Bezzie style it's pretty crazy and I don't know if anyone would buy into it. Like my sister T., I'm hesitant to share the plan as of yet because I'm afraid it will suck and no one will "get" it.

I need to shower on it some more I think.

Oh and yes, I do still knit.

000_0119

A really dark picture, I know. But it really illustrates my mood towards this scarf. It's taking forever and as I've determined in earlier posts, I've got AKDD (Attention Knitting Deficit Disorder). My SIL's husband (hm, I could just call him my brother...) might just get a swatch of his Christmas scarf. I'd love to have them both done by the end of the week to mail up to Alaska, but I just don't think it's in the cards.

So on that note--I'm off to snuggle up on the couch (it's COLD in here--we've been going below freezing at night--HEAVEN!) and cable away while watching what else? Cable!

Yup. No one but me laughing.

19 Comments:

Blogger Alisha said...

What a fun attack!!! Great yarn and those protectors are awesome!!!

10:11 PM  
Blogger T. Budnik said...

You've got some knind fellow knitters.

I'm intrigued by your quasi-charity project and wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

-T.

2:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your yarn giftage is beeeuuuuutiful, but so is the scarf you are making. I love cables.

I am lending you my ear about the quasi-charity thingy you have thought up. Tell us more.

4:08 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

Okay, I admit I didn't get it until your last line indicated it was a joke... I'm blaming my dim-wittedness on the cold :) What kind of socks do you have in mind for that pretty yarn?

5:50 AM  
Anonymous Amy said...

Hey, I told you the world owed you some good karma after you turned down the DOTD prize! Good on you! And that's a seriously yummy scarf.

7:05 AM  
Blogger Tactless Wonder said...

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Now what about the charity thing?

:)

10:00 AM  
Blogger sgeddes said...

The scarf is nice - I really like the colors.

How cool! A Secret Santa Attack! Very good idea. And the yarn she sent you is beautiful!

10:01 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Aw, what a sweet gift! Which by the way, you totally deserve. :)

10:01 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

How cool!

And the cabled scarf is looking great...even if it is taking a long time!

10:38 AM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Nice scarf...it'll be worth it!! :)
AKDD--that would be me...maybe we should start a group? hehe!

The yarn is gorgeous and off to check out her stitchholders....

10:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is some way cool yarn and a great idea! I would also like to know more about your quasi-charity project. The scarf is turning out real nice! I know that your SIL will love it. Love, Mom

11:59 AM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Yay for sneak attacks!

And whatever you've got marinating in the back of your head for January is probably not as bad an idea as you would think. I'm pretty weird too.

12:07 PM  
Anonymous Birdie said...

Okay, this is totally unrelated, but I was flipping through an Alloy catalog and saw a sweater dress and it reminded me of the dress you knitted for T. for her 8th grade promotion. Good times.
That scarf is pretty jawesome. Our SIL will totally love it.

3:22 PM  
Blogger Pyewacket said...

What gorgeous yarn!

And I laughed at you. I mean, with you.

>:-)

3:42 PM  
Blogger Stacie said...

great gift, you lucky gal!! Yeah, I think I may never knit another scarf again... yawn!

5:09 PM  
Blogger Poops said...

Scarves are why I knit mittens. *yawn*

The cables are lovely and I particularly like how they look in that yarn.

You can finish! I'm sending my "power knitter" vibes!

(Can you feel them yet?)

8:48 PM  
Blogger cpurl17 said...

Can't wait to hear about the charity project!

And I'd like to nominate myself for President of the Bezzie fan club!

8:57 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

The scarf is looking good! Nice to get attacked by a present. Anything with the words kick-ass quasi definitely wakes my curiosity...

9:03 PM  
Blogger Rain said...

I love the sneak attack santa idea. What lovely stuff, the yarn is gorgeous.

5:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home