Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Tuesday Randomness

I took today off to basically Christmas shop. How easy is it to Christmas shop with a little boy at your side 24/7? Not very. So I ditched the boys and hit the pavement. Of course I'll detail all of my expenditures on Christmas (or the day after) as my final installment of Cheapass Christmass.

Believe it or not, between the hugs and x-rated goings on, I have had time to knit (especially seeing as I have to share the computer now!).

I started on my knitted action hero:

100_2375

Ha ha, behold me in my naked knitted effigy glory! I didn't use any pattern, I just made it up as I went along. Don't worry, I didn't forget the kung-fu grip.

I've also made a few inches progress on the Corded Yoke Pullover. I'll spare you a boring picture of 2X2 ribbing.

I never gave a proper blog-o-thank you to Ali for sending me a cute little care package filled with what I can only describe as chocolate and what would spill out of a papier maché piñata of Martha Stuart's head if you were to whack it repeatedly--stickers and crafty goods galore!

She also included these:
100_2378
Baby Alpaca Grande (Mmm...harvested from chubby baby alpacas!)

And:
100_2383
Blue Sky Cotton (I love me some cotton yarn!)

What a sweetie!

And speaking of sweeties, Rachele sent me some green and gold sock yarn as she caught wind of my frustration that it is impossible to find sock yarns in these colors (Colorado State U's colors!)

I also want to thank y'all for your kind words about the homecoming. Chunky always had first dibs on the first hug and Dr. Mad Scientist and I thought it would be fun to surprise him when he got back.

Also a big thanks for not thinking I'm a total psycho for unveiling my Kootchie Awareness Yarn Extravaganza. I can't wait for the new year to unveil the details! Hee hee!

11 Comments:

Blogger LilKnitter said...

Bow-chika-wow-wow...
Diggin' the action figure. What, uh, do you plan on doing with him and his, uh, *grip*? ;)

Merry Pre-Christmas!

6:00 PM  
Anonymous kristi and otis said...

You weren't knitting WHILE the "x-rated goings on" was goings on?

6:05 PM  
Blogger sgeddes said...

I like the actions figure. You going to knit a costume?

Glad that your family is all together for the holidays!

And I'm looking forward to the next instalment of Cheapass Christmas.

6:43 PM  
Blogger AR said...

Cute Lil' Action Figure. What's it's costume going to be?

8:28 PM  
Blogger Bezzie said...

Hee hee, the costume of course, will be revealed shortly ;-)

8:32 PM  
Blogger cpurl17 said...

I love your purple skin and far away stare.

10:23 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Hehe...bummer you have to share the computer now!! Cute action figure there...will be waiting for the clothing..That Baby Alpaca Grande is gorgeous..so soft!! Nice pics of reds as those are often hard to get...

Glad you got a few minutes alone, we need it once in a while!

12:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice action figure! Sure hope you are going to put some clothes on him/her. Or is this part of your Kooshie awareness thing. who ever gets it sent to them must make an appointment and then send it on to the next person. Love, Mom

1:11 AM  
Blogger Rain said...

Tee hee, he's cute. He could save time on the outfit change by doing everything naked.

11:11 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

I'm surprised you came up for air so quickly, but it is the holidays. Nice goodies!

12:45 PM  
Blogger weezalana said...

Guess the pucker practice has paid off. ;)

Love the naked action hero!

Nice pr0n!

Hmmm, rather pervy comment I have going here...

11:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home