Monday, January 29, 2007

Forgive Me Freecycle!

Yeah OK I take back what I said about Freecycle when I had Cinco-the-long-donged-dog's owner Ms. Flakesalot freak out on me when I was trying to unload a TV/VCR.

Not all Freecycle users are weirdos with well endowed dogs.

I put out a request for moving boxes. I got two replies VERY quickly.

I'm sending Dr. Mad Scientist out on Wednesday to a school to grab some boxes. But check out what I scored today:

100_2678

All via my beloved Freecycle!

One box, you ask? Oh ho, no. Take that box and times it by twelve. They're HUGE! I've included this Chunky in the box for scale. He's on his knees in this picure and the kid is now a freakishly 3'11" tall (and did I mention his feet are 7" long? My feet are only 9" long! Funny, I don't remember hanging out under any powerlines when I was pregnant.)

And they're all brand new!!

The lady who gave them to me was the complete opposite of Ms. Flakesalot. She even introduced me to her two cute little daughters.

Maybe I'm paranoid but I treat Freecycle like a blind date. I like to meet people in well lit parking lots and never give out my exact address.

I also gave my notice at work today. February 9 is my last day. Papa Bear Boss brought out her broom. She brings that out as a warning as to when she's getting bitchy. It's actually funny because she's so mild mannered. She's pissed about UTSA revoking his postdoc. Very sweet of her!

In knitting news I'm paranoid to cast on anything new. Don't get me wrong, I really want to cast on something new, but with moving about to kick into high gear I don't want to start anything new for fear of losing my mojo.

So it's chug-along time on the Cordless Yoke Pullover and the other swirly sock. I'm going to be so sick of 2x2 ribbing by the time I'm done!

Oh and stay tuned for Wednesday people! I've got three entrants in the first month's KAYE giveaway! Oh it's the little things that excite me!

Labels: , , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger T. Budnik said...

Isn't it amazing how attracted to boxes you become as soon as you know that you're moving?

Nice boxes.

-T.

8:44 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Go you!! I bet it wasn't easy doing all the grown up stuff like giving notice!! Wishing you fast packing and moving mojo!! :)

9:25 PM  
Blogger cpurl17 said...

May the moving Force be with you. What is the countdown for escape from Texas?

10:04 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Good luck with getting packed! Remember, don't trust anyone with your stash except trusted family members....remember to buckle it in when you put it in the car...

10:35 PM  
Anonymous Birdie said...

Those are some mighty fine boxes. 3'11"??!! Um, I hope you realize that you're going to be one of those moms I see walking around Freddy's with 10 year old sons that tower over them. But hey, the sooner he gets taller than you, the sooner he can get the groceries off the high shelves!

11:19 PM  
Blogger Penny Karma said...

Hang on... what'd I miss?

4:00 AM  
Blogger Denice said...

I love that Chunky is sitting in the box and Dr. Mad Scientist is right behind him in the same position with the same expression. They're obviously related!

7:03 AM  
Blogger sgeddes said...

Ah, packing! I never want to do that again. Huge boxes - don't apck them too full or you'll never be able to move them around!

7:12 AM  
Anonymous ruth said...

Hope the moving process goes smoothly for you. We used the Australian equivalent of freecycle to offload stuff before we moved and I wished I'd discovered it years early.

3:34 AM  
Blogger weezalana said...

Wow - those boxes are in really good shape! And a dozen of them? Nice score!

My last day is Feb. 9, too! Maybe we should rename it Get out of Hell Day.

6:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home