Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Hooray for Dead Presidents!

I did have a great post celebrating the fact that the University was closed today for a day of mourning and so I got a five day weekend, but Blogger ate it. Damn Blogger.

In that post I showed you what I've been working on the last five days.

First my Corded Yoke Pullover:

CYP detail

A detail of my round marker that my CASP2, Knitting Mamma, made for me because 2X2 rib is kind of boring by itself.

And then the socks I cast on using the Santa Attack yarn my CASP1, Lunastrixae, sent me:

Squeaky Sock

(Somebody wasn't too happy I woke her up from her sunbeam nap!) I love the way the green twists around the cuff of these socks. Reminds me of the Northern Lights.

I'm also working on my action figure but I'll keep that one a surprise. Hee!

Stay tuned because on Thursday I'll try to unveil the details of my Kootchie Awareness Yarn Extravaganza (in keeping with the Thursday=crazyass schemes day).

I also want to declutter my blog and list the blogs I read on the sidebar (since they've pretty much tripled from what you see over there) and eliminate the buttons. If you have a button would you be upset if I merely listed you instead?

19 Comments:

Blogger sgeddes said...

Love the spirals on the socks.
Can't wait to see the pullover. Yipee for an axtra day off.

11:28 AM  
Blogger cpurl17 said...

oooh, that kitty is givin you some major stink eye!

Yay for an extra day off and more time to knit!

1:17 PM  
Blogger LilKnitter said...

I've adored your last few posts, Bezzie! I'm all a-twitter waiting to see the corded pullie! Oooooh!

1:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice posuer kitty! Happy new year Bezzie! Lovely knitting too!

1:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your kitty is very pretty but she looks like she might pay you back while you sleep. Be aware...

I have a button but I've never seen a blog use it. i think most people are going away from buttons and going to lists. Hell, I'm happy to make someone else's list let alone see my button on there. :)

2:02 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Love the sockies!

Happy new year! Happy dead presidents day! You know I was in Rancho Mirage when G. Ford died in Rancho Mirage. Talk about hard to go anywhere....

2:53 PM  
Blogger janna said...

I always thought Pres. Ford was a pretty nice guy, and now I really believe it. ;-)

Cute kitty!

3:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, you can remove my button, but that wonderful self portrait HAS to remain somewhere on your page. Really, it makes the blog.

Nice Squeaky model.

-T.

PS. When is it ever going to stop snowing? :)

4:19 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Go you on the corded yolk pullover!! The socks are looking great! BTW, thanks to your info! I have a few of them dpn holders! ;)

Yep the kitty is PO'd

4:44 PM  
Blogger Bufanditas said...

What a great color!!! Your stitch marker is too cute.

5:52 PM  
Blogger Penny Karma said...

But I love my button.

Oh, all right.

6:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't have a button. Don't know what a button is but hey go for it! I like the spiral in those socks! (Hint Hint) Hahahahahahaha!!!! Love, Mom

8:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute kitty! Nice socks and I'm loving the sweater.

Cute kitty!

9:04 PM  
Blogger weezalana said...

The color of that sweater is beeoutiful. And those socks are fab, lovin' the way the stripe spirals! Wouldn't want to meet your cat in a dark alley, though.

I don't have a button, but hey, it'll be another excuse for me not to make one. ;)

11:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just list me. That is pretty much what I have done on my blog.

Happy New Year!

4:31 AM  
Blogger AR said...

Love the little buggy st. marker and the stripes on your socks. My cat would probably eat the socks if I tried that, though. :)

10:57 AM  
Blogger Ceallach said...

That stitch Marker is awesome....as is everything else, but that is what stands out for me.

Have a Lucky New Year!

10:59 AM  
Blogger Alisha said...

The pullover is looking good and I love love love that sock yarn ~drool~

11:35 AM  
Anonymous Melissa said...

I don't really have much to say. But that's more because I've been putting in so much computer time. Good on you for plowing through so much 2x2 ribbing! Cute ladybug. And the cat looks like he wants to kill something! :D

I've never seen the northern lights. I hope I will, someday.

6:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home