Sunday, January 07, 2007

Just Swinging In

Not much going on.

I'm still chugging along on the Corded Yoke Pullover. However the i-cord bind off coupled with a late Friday night has caused me to redesign this sweater. Hopefully it will work out. I've finished the body for the most part and cast on the first sleeve. Increasing a 2X2 rib is proving to be most interesting. I'm not sure I dig it. It looks kind of wonky.

I'm getting pretty bored with the CYP, and as a result, it seems I keep finding a bunch of cool patterns I want to knit.

In my weekly email newsletter from Threadbear in the "free patterns" section I came across this pullover:

waikikilace-bell3

I'm thinking that this might look really cool with the blue Sinfonia my CASP2 Knitting Mamma sent me. If I wear it over a black tank top or a long sleeve snug black knit top I have I don't think it will come off as too skankmarific.

Dr. Mad Scientist's brother has informed us that he and his wife will be contributing a girl baby to the gene pool come May. So I suppose I ought to knit her something twisted and girly.

This girl also means that currently, Chunky is the only boy bearing the almighty Bez name. I don't see Dr. Mad Scientist's brother chucking out any more offspring any time soon after this current one.

Meandering on, today also saw me visiting my first sit-down gathering with other knitters. Janna invited me to her weekly group. (Melissa--go check out her Wine and Roses Mitt--it's gorgeous and no baggy wrists!) It was fun. I knit the heel flap on my northern lights twist sock and listened to everyone talk. They seem like a very fun group. I hope to ditch Dr. Mad Scientist and Chunky again soon to go hang with them some upcoming Sundays.

Oh and how could I forget! This came in the mail today:

100_2502

Quick! Someone get me 20 ccs of haircombs--STAT!

The only thing I think that would look great with that diploma is a nice job somewhere! Ha ha!

20 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Dr. Science, aka Mr SABLE, keeps his in a box in a closet. But still, it's good to have it somewhere.

I am mentally straying from all my WIPs right now. What was it Jimmy Carter said? Adultery in my heart? (You probably weren't born yet, but it was in his Playboy interview.) I'm committing knitting adultery in my heart like mad. Must stay focused. 'Til bind off do we part.

9:10 PM  
Blogger janna said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed our group! It was BIG today, and one more person even showed up after you left.

Maybe Dr. Mad Scientist could tuck that diploma under his arm and wander the halls of academia....

9:50 PM  
Blogger cpurl17 said...

Yay for a nice knitting group!

And I think that little piece of paper Dr. Scientist is holding up is def suitable for framing!

9:51 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Good for you to get out and knit. My group is pretty interesting! hehe!

Yay for Dr. Mad Scientist! Good to get that in hand..next up..the job! :)

9:56 PM  
Blogger LadyLungDoc said...

Wow - I would have totally guessed that the sweater was done in chrochet rather than being knit.

In our old house we had a wall of honor with all of my various diplomas/certificates. Heck - for the blood/sweat/tears that go into them, why not?

10:03 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Congrats Auntie Bez! I can't believe how fast you crank stuff out! Jeeze, I must be doing something wrong. The job will come, then you'll be stuck deciding which one. Congrats to Dr. Mad Scientist!

10:06 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Wow, what is it with everyone getting married and having babies lately?! It must be a wartime thing. Congrats to your brother in law and congrats to the mad scientist on his degree!

We wanna see WIP pics of your corded pullover! :)

5:22 AM  
Anonymous Amby said...

Monday's word for the day: "skankmarific." I'll try to use it in a sentence three times today before leaving work. ;-)

10:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I like that sweater but like you said it really needs something under it. So it means that you could only wear it on cool days, not too hot and not too cold. And as I said before---Way to go DR. Mad Scientist!! Love, Mom

11:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay!

Dr Mad scientist is a Doctor!

Good on him, since 60% of candidates fail abysmally! Including my own Rock.

11:34 AM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Skankmariffic. Damn, that's brilliant.

11:45 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

A diploma! How excellent! Congrats! And another exclamation point because I can! (sorry, lost control there)

2:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that pullover would be okay with s tank under it since all the skankmariffic parts would be covered. Lol

Congrats Dr. MS!! Now to get a job to pay off those loans. Lol

My DH's side of the family is lacking in female fish swimming in the gene pool. Seems that's all we have on my side of the family. Girls are so much fun to knit for with all the cutsie sweaters and hats and, and, and...

3:18 PM  
Blogger weezalana said...

* Filing "skanmarific" away for future use... *

You could just embrace the skanmarificness and wear a bra underneath, like the 85-year-old lady I saw at Joann's last month. I think I'm still having nightmares.

Whoo hoo on Dr. MC's diploma! given how much you've all gone through, frame that sucker and hang with pride! :)

3:24 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Wooo! Congrats to the Mad S!

That rocks!

*job vibes for him*

4:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

excellent meandering! very random! That hubby is loookin goood! with the diploma, I mean...

7:27 PM  
Blogger michelle said...

Wow Bezzie! That diploma gives me chills! Philosophy, whew! My husband started his masters in Philosophy and (being the brainiac he is...) then dropped out after one semester because he decided he could read everything his professors were assigning on his own and dissect it himself.

When you come home to AK, we should get these two boys together. They could philosophize while we talk knitting. :)

7:29 PM  
Blogger Bezzie said...

Oh no, he's just a Dr. in the Philosophy of Toxicology and Pharmacology with an emphasis in Environmental Toxicology (you can't read that part in the picture! Hee hee!)

Real philosophy? Ha ha! I can't see him grasping that very well!!

8:36 PM  
Blogger Momma Monkey said...

Argh.

Two of my cousins currently attend MSU.

I'm a U of M alumni myself.

But way to go Dr. Mad Scientist. A man with a degree like that is shexy :)

12:18 AM  
Blogger Rain said...

Huge round of applause for Dr Bez!

Please do start twisted baby knitting and while you're at it please start incubating a Bezlet of your own, I have twisted plans too ;)

5:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home