Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Maybe The Heat Goes To Their Heads

Wow. I just got what I regard as the email that shakes my faith in my beloved Freecycle.

When Dr. Mad Scientist came down, he brought a bunch o'junk with him that I've determined we don't need, namely a TV/VCR combo. (We could have put it in Chunky's room, but that's a road I'm not going down--I never had a TV in my room as a kid--why should he???)

So I freecycled it. The first person I contacted never emailed me back. So I went for another.

We set it up so she could pick it up on her way to pick up her daughter from school today. Or so I thought. Apparently she didn't read her email and sent me this scathing response:

"I promise you I am not a flake. I wish you would call me so I could explain better than this email. Anyway I live outside 1604 and 281 and I drive all the way over to Vance Jackson to take my daughter to school. When I didn't hear from you before I left for school, I came back home and then read your email intending to pick it up before I picked her up from school, but I didn't hear from you. I have to take her to piano after school and then it started raining and the traffic. Would it be ok to pick it up Thursday after I drop her to school? I appreciate your patience. I have one 3 yr old, two 4 yr olds, and a first grader (and a dog named Cinco) Do you have any children?"

Oh wah. Cry me an effing river honey. I can tell you right now if she has to drive her daughter that far to school then she's going to a private school and piano? Gee, must be nice.

She did write me a tail between the legs email AFTER she finally got around to reading my response.

But the whole "Do you have kids?" remark really gets under my skin. I wish I could have gone into a long diatribe about how nice it must be to obviously have the option to stay at home raising your children and still send them to private school and piano lessons.

And god knows that because she's got a dog named Cinco that I must not completely understand where she's coming from.

I'll bet you twenty dollars they named the dog Cinco because he's got a long dog weiner.

But I took the high road and I emailed her back in response to her "apology" email explaining the TV was available whenever she wanted to pick it up and that I was a working mother and understood how these things go.

She was probably left out in the sun too much as a baby or raised by a pack of wild long-donged dogs.


13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

loong donged dogs? sounds like someone who needs some email lessons. it's surprising how many people have a hard time communicating via eamil... good luck and keep hope alive!

7:26 PM  
Blogger sgeddes said...

Good job on taking the high road. I would have been so tempted just to delete her e-mail and forget it all together. People always amaze me. The nice thing is - sometimes it is in a good way too.

9:30 PM  
Blogger cpurl17 said...

Hope Cinco doesn't bite.

10:11 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Wow..um..hmmm

no response ;)

10:24 PM  
Blogger weezalana said...

Oh, boo effing hoo! To send an email like that when she's getting a free tv? What a tool. That last line totally gets under my skin, too. I applaud you for taking the high road. You're definitely a better person than she is!

10:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A free TV plus the private school, piano, etc. :P

I hate it when parents us kids an an excuse to flake or when they want to get out of something.

11:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK! So why did you not put the dang thing on E-bay and try to bet something out of the dang thing? You know that is what that woman is going to do. I hate it when people who are getting something for nothing cry! Holy cow!! If you snooze you lose! Love, Mom

1:22 AM  
Blogger Penny Karma said...

I used to love that cartoon when I was little - The Long-Donged Dogs!

8:07 AM  
Anonymous Amby said...

You MUST post a description of her psycho self if/when she shows up for the tv...

8:47 AM  
Blogger Bezzie said...

I left the TV on my front stoop. After that email, she can just freakin' grab it!!

9:04 AM  
Blogger AR said...

Cinco probably does bite. Maybe that's why she's so cranky.

9:06 AM  
Anonymous Melissa said...

Ohhhh, Bezzie. You make me laugh. I could never post something about a dong on my blog. My mother reads it, you see. And she informs me that my grandmothers read it. I remember vividly the day I used the word 'crap' twice in one post...

As for the tv in the bedroom, kids don't need that! Where will you send them to be punished? ;)

4:36 PM  
Blogger Bufanditas said...

I also agree about no TV in the kids' bedroom. I feel books and puzzles are much better things to have in their bedroom.

6:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home