Monday, February 26, 2007

"Minor Revisions"

Last night the "real estate agent" (I use that term loosely it appears and jackass could do what this jerkoff is doing) left me a voicemail--there are some "minor revisions" to the lease they want to do. He wants to meet at 7:30 tonight.

Hm.

Why do I have the feeling I'm getting screwed?

I'm researching places to put our stuff in storage.

I'm so sick of this runaround.

I went thru a real estate agent so that this would be easy. It's nowhere near being easy. This has been a nightmare.

I had to threaten to go somewhere else to get this jackass to call me back on Tuesday of last week. I should have known.

Every time we talk to him it's always "Yeah, you'll have the keys soon, don't worry about it..." and then it's always ONE little thing more.

I'll get the cashier's check today, but I'm prepared to walk out of this meeting tonight and put our stuff in storage tomorrow.

Sofar this place is making my San Antonio-husband-separation-nightmare look like a pleasant dream!

UPDATE:

The "real estate agent" (hereinafter known as "SeƱor Asshat") called me. He apologized for me getting the feeling we were being jerked around.

He said that the "minor revisions" to the lease were adding something about us declining washer/dryer hookups in the place (washer? dryer? I'm nearly 30, why would I want a washer and dryer of my own?) .

However he stated he "wasn't really sure though because he didn't ask the other agent what the revisions were."

He assured me we'd be able to move in tomorrow.

Hm, where have I heard that one? Oh yeah, on Wednesday when we signed the lease.

So here's the plan. I have obtained a cashier's check. I will attend this meeting tonight at 7:30 p.m. If I don't like these "minor revisions" I will have the lease torn up and me, Dr. Mad Scientist and Chunky will take our money elsewhere. If that is the case I will put our junk into storage tomorrow, return the truck and continue on our quest for housing.

I've found a couple of places near Princeton that are complexes. Yes they're an extra half hour out of the way for Dr. Mad Scientist but you can always count on housing in a college town to be a bit more accessible.

Labels: ,

18 Comments:

Anonymous ruth said...

Hope it works out for you. I know how you're feeling, we had so many hassles with finding a house when we moved to South Africa that I was ready to go home, we did get a place that was perfect for us though. The problem is that real estate agents don't like dealing with renters as they don't make as much money off us as they do off sales.

9:43 AM  
Blogger Rain said...

Don't let this moron mess you around. If they wanted to make changes they should have done it before you signed. Bah!

9:45 AM  
Blogger The Fluffy Ewe said...

If you do not get the satisfaction you want from this guy at this meeting, tell him that he is costing you money every day he screws around and unless he gets you keys in the next 48 hours then he can either pay your hotel and storage fees or you will find another person to help you. You could probably have found a place on your own by now at the pace this ass hat is going. Sorry this has turned out to be such a major PITA for you.

BTW, thanks for the spindle! I love the book mark too. It will be handy dandy for knitting mags and books.

Hang in there. :)

10:11 AM  
Blogger Kaitie Tee said...

I'm sorry your move sucks so much. Definitely walk out if he keeps jerking you around - I wouldn't give him any more chances.

10:28 AM  
Blogger Stariel said...

That's awful! Aren't you (or someone) paying him to help you with this? He should be on YOUR side!

10:41 AM  
Blogger LadyLungDoc said...

Hopefully you are getting all of the bad karma out of the way with this bit, and everything else will be great from now on!!

10:57 AM  
Blogger LilKnitter said...

Oh, Bezzie, what a wretched way to start your time in the East. Everything is going to be so much better for you once you're in the place, I know it.

And thank you for the yarn! It arrived Friday; it's just beautiful! And the bookmark is going right into a knitting book! Thanks again, Bez, and best wishes!

11:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What?! This guy needs to have an adjustment! Put your stuff in storage and then go to the State Board of Realtors and put a complaint in about him. There is no reason that you should be there for one week and not be in a place. Maybe there has been complaints about him before. You might also put a complaint in with the BBB. I don't care that he was sick one day or not. NO ONE IS IRREPLACABLE!!!!! Someone in that office should have been able to take over for that day and have gotten you all into that appartment. On a happier note don't worry about your Time Warner bill I sent them a check. Also watch your bank up here. Love, Mom

12:05 PM  
Blogger cpurl17 said...

Ugh.

12:09 PM  
Blogger buttercup said...

I'm so sorry your first week in the Garden state has been so sucky. I agree with your Mom. Call the Board of Realtors and the BBB on this jerk! But wait till you're in the place. ;-)

12:40 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

I hear you on the realtor stuff.

Working w/o a realtor is actually pretty easy - if you know a lawyer :). In fact, you might get off cheaper using a lawyer for the title work and contract work.

No offense, but I'm not sure what a realtor does, especially in these Internet days, and including this house, every house my husband and I have ever been interested in purchasing we found all by ourselves. The realtor, especially when we bought this house, was just in the way.

1:29 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

What kind of agent wants to meet at 7:30 pm? That makes him seems even more suspect... oh well, just remember that this too shall pass!

1:29 PM  
Blogger Cheesy Knit Wit said...

Ahi Dios Mia!!! That's all I'm saying!

2:00 PM  
Blogger sgeddes said...

Yeah, if you don't like the changes walk. Don't let them pull one over on you! I'd be spittin' mad by now and of no use to anyone. I'm glad you are more level headed than me.

2:29 PM  
Blogger Tactless Wonder said...

My fingers are crossed for you.

Real estate agents are not all made the same. He's a dime a dozen, and probably knows it...otherwise why would he not know what is going on with the deal?!?

urgh.

7:45 PM  
Anonymous Gene said...

The only way you can get 100% satisfaction from this guy is to have the MS kick him square in the nads. You might think there is some "guy code" about a dude doing that to another dude but that all goes out the window when he does it for is family! Shoot, I'd like to do to the guy and I've never even met him!
We miss you guys and are thinking about you.
-Gene

8:36 PM  
Blogger weezalana said...

Now where did I leave that can of whupass...

10:20 PM  
Blogger Denice said...

Bezzie,

I hope things get much better for you and your family SOON! I can't believe how difficult that agent is being. I fully believe that realtors are pretty useless these days, too.

12:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home